Baltimore Ravens WOW

For some reason I have a vision of Bob Quinn selling Roberts to the staff by showing them the Youtube highlights lol

1 Like

I love how people use this game as a gauge for how “close” we are bc it took a record breaking FG for the Ravens to win that game. Hollywood Brown tried handing the Lions that game, he single handedly kept it within 2 scores.

1 Like

Broncos called a 3-man rush… with 3-man coverage.
I am pretty confident that the 3 deep safeties had 1 job.
Do NOT let anyone get behind you.

Rahim Moore went for the “hero” play… instead of staying deeper and making the tackle.
He failed to handle his #1 responsibility… so I would consider that a blown coverage.

He misjudged the ball. Jacoby had seen Flacco sling it in practice so he had a better idea of how it was going to keep going, and even he slowed down and realized he needed to take off running a little more. Most QBs can’t make that throw. The defender is trying to high point the ball, which is something they are trained to do. And again, that just sent it into overtime. It wasn’t the game winner.

This was the point where he knew he had fucked up.

Probably not in Prevent.

2 Likes

Maybe they just value the safety position than most fans on this board…. :wink:

1 Like

Hamilton was at one point the best player in the draft. They took a top 5 and player at 14

2 Likes

Totally agree!

Well and then later they double dip and end up drafting 2 TEs(which reminds me of the Hurst and Andrews draft). They’re all but telling everyone that they’re gonna go back to the 12/13 personnel packages from 2-3 years ago. Will Greg Roman adjust when teams start adjusting to it? Having doubts because he hasn’t been able to do it before.

1 Like

The Pats had a double dip with Gronkowski and Hernandez that flipped their offensive approach. What you had to admire about Hernandez is he had that killer instinct.

1 Like

The Ravens are really well run, but they are well run in the way that Billy Beane’s Athletics are well run. They are always relevant but will rarely or never *really * challenge for a championship without a lot of luck

People are lauding them for their draft and in a vacuum it is a great draft.

They are in a championship window though, and that changes the calculus. In this offseason they effectively traded a starting left tackle (although Brown played right) and their best wide receiver for a starting center and a backup safety

They easily could have traded for Tyreek Hill instead, kept Brown and really set themselves up for a championship run.

This is their consistent blind spot.

Sure, they set a record for 4th round picks, and some of those guys will be pretty good. They appear to have gotten a lot of value out of their first four picks. But none of those guys are likely to be game changers in any kind of a time frame that will help the Ravens now

So they maybe had the best draft, but didn’t effectively help themselves in a way that really makes them better

1 Like

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

1 Like

The Ravens have been one of the organizations that defines the model of consistency. What you see them doing is what they have been doing since 1996 when they got to Baltimore. It has netted them two Super Bowls over a 25 year span and a few division titles, many playoff appearances and playoff wins. I’m not one to question how they build their team when they have had much success doing things the way they do it!

1 Like

Having a good memory is important to appreciating the Ravens success… because it really has been a while.

While most teams are embracing a plan to improve the passing game due to the rule changes in the past decade… the Ravens traded away their #1 WR from a team that has struggled to score points in the playoffs.

When armed with a ton of draft picks that could have been used to trade up for a top WR… they picked a safety who isn’t a great ball hawk and may not have the speed to be great in coverage.

1 Like

They have their blue-print for winning…that blue-print has never been a star WR. Yep it’s been since 2012 since they won a Super Bowl….probably half the guys on this board weren’t even born yet :innocent:

The Ravens have more playoff road wins over the last 22 years than any other team in the NFL.

I am 80% of the way with you on what you are saying so let this next comment come from that angle.

When you take Marquise Brown in the 1st round…then get to see him in person for 3 years…but still have the opportunity to unload him for a 1st round pick…you take it.

See what you are doing is using the criteria that best fits your argument, then ignoring the rest. That’s fine, I might be doing it too.

I did give you credit for discrediting some of what I’ve said in this thread. But you on the other hand, are sticking to your guns no matter what. That’s fine, that’s your right to do. But it does make you unpleasant to debate with on this board. But again, you probably could care less.

You said they weren’t even the best run organization in their division. Then proceed to post postseason success since 2012 actually exposing the Ravens for lack of playoff success compared to their competition. Problem is, it also exposed the Steelers as not having much success in the same time frame. But you basically ignored that part because it no longer fit your narrative. You started out by saying that my comment is so ridiculous (that the ravens are one of the best run organizations in football), “they aren’t even the best in their own division.” I would say they are at least equal to the Steelers in terms of having organizational success. Resumes since the Ravens came into existence are quite similar. The most glaring difference is one organization has had Kyle Boller, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, Lamar Jackson (that’s all I can come up with off the top) vs a 1st ballot HOFer, top 20 QB all-time, playing QB for the large portion of the last 26 years. Both have won 2 Super Bowls, and both teams consistently roll out contenders.

Is their an organization that has won a super bowl over the last 26 years with a weaker QB than Trent Dilfer? I can’t think of one. Then their other SB winning QB is Joe Flacco…again is there a weaker SB winning QB (other than Dilfer), than him? You could have an argument for Nick Foles, maybe Brad Johnson, as being weaker. But the point is still that the Ravens build a great roster, a complete team. They win despite having a less than desirable quarterback. The Steelers turn out similar success, with one of the best QBs of his generation.

The Ravens are one of the best run franchises in the NFL. It doesn’t matter what criteria you try and bring up to argue against it. 2 super bowl wins, 4 losing seasons in the last 22 years, 233-183 record in the regular season, and 16-11 postseason record. How many teams will rival all those numbers? And they did it in a division with the Pittsburgh Steelers. That’s kind of like having success in the AFC East despite playing with the patriots during your existence. It is impressive what they have done. Arguing that makes little sense to me, but go for it.

One last thing, because it doesn’t matter what I mention, you are on the YOU WRONG train! Kyle Hamilton has absolutely been considered by some to be one of, If not, the best football player in this draft. That statement is not wrong.

2 Likes

Man you nailed this post to a point you can’t even bend the damn nails… :laughing:

1 Like

Ravens have only 4 losing seasons in past few decades…… but Steelers have only 1 of them.

Steelers made it to 3 Super Bowls… Ravens 2.
Steelers played in more AFC Championship games.
Steelers won more (almost double) the division titles in that time.

This is not even close.

Also… you didn’t say the Ravens are “one of the best”….

you said they are…… “probably the best run organization in the NFL”….

and they clearly have not been the best team in the NFL… not even the AFC… and not even the AFC North.

Not in the last 25 years… and certainly NOT in the last decade.