Baltimore Ravens WOW

But the Ravens have 11 road victories in the playoffs since 2000. No other team comes close to that. The Ravens have beaten the Steelers in Heinz Field in the playoffs. Oh and I actually did say the Ravens are “one of the teams” that have been a model of consistency.

He actually did say “one of the best run franchises” in his follow up post

And then I said maybe I was wrong after your post, didn’t I? I said you made some good points, didn’t I?

Now I say one of, and not probably the best. Is that not good enough? You still won didnt you?

Ravens need a QB.
They won’t win a title with Jackson having to go against Josh Allen, Mahommes, Herbert, Stafford, and the boys. Especially in the AFC → they’re not gonna run that gauntlet.

I’m not a Lamar believer. I think he’s the most overrated QB in the league today. Wouldn’t want him if I could have him.

I agree they won’t win the SB with him. But they will continue to win more games than they lose and make the playoffs more times than not.

The AFC North is tough. I think it’s realistic the Steelers finish last.

1 Like

Agree with all of this. I don’t believe in Kyler Murray, either. I think both of these dudes will continue to be first round playoff exit-type QBs most years.

The Ravens and Eagles won Super Bowls BECAUSE of how Flacco and Foles played, not in spite of them.

2 Likes

Without reading through the entire thread, why do we care about how elite the Ravens may or may not be?

3 Likes

Having a lot of road playoff victories can only happen if you play a lot of road playoff games. 3 of their wins came in their first Super Bowl run, 2 more in their second

Regardless, you can’t discuss the great success the Ravens have had without discussing Ray Lewis. He is the greatest defensive player/motivator ever. He was at least as valuable as having a great quarterback, and accounts for the greatest part of the difference in the Ravens’ outcomes up till 2012 and after

Since Lewis’ retirement, the Ravens have made the playoffs 4 times in 9 years and have gone 2-4 in the playoffs (both wins on the road, FWIW).

edit: I deleted a claim that they’ve been around average the last 9 years. Their regular season record is 83-62 over that stretch which is well above average

1 Like

I skip almost no threads.
I’ve skipped this one almost completely.
Allz I know is…when the Ravens come to Detroit, they are gonna be in some deep shit. I don’t think they can run the gauntlet out there, so we’ll never face them in the SB.

Dan Campbell’s men will fight like Warrior Poets every Sunday! Love it

1 Like

Actually in both years the Ravens won the Super Bowl they won their wild card game at home…21-3 over the Broncos in 2000 and 24-9 over the Colts in 2012

Trubisky and Small Hands are battling for the starting QB job…. so odds are good.

They literally have their first round pick from last year to replace dropsy Brown.

1 Like

The Ravens won this draft

The best safety
The best centre
An injured OLB, who might have gone top 15
The second best nose tackle in the draft
Two tightends, who can catch and block
An Cornerback from the strongest conference in the NCAA

I would put money on the Steelers NOT finishing last. The last time they finished last in the division was 1988. The refs will happily hand them 3 to 4 wins per season. Remember what Big Willie said. “If a network were allowed to show nothing but Packers, Cowboys and Steelers games all year long…they would take it.”

The Steelers are a 9-7 team that lost their QB to retirement that STILL has 5 primetime games (the max). Think about that. They also travel the least amount of miles in the league (we are 2nd), and they never even change time zones this year. Every single game is in the eastern time zone.

I will say you are half correct. They didn’t win in spite of Flacco and Foles. They both played really good in those playoff wins.

But I won’t go as far as saying they won because of them.

It’s like specializing in hot takes….

https://www.battleredblog.com/platform/amp/2018/8/16/17696560/five-weeks-of-hell-revisiting-joe-flaccos-historic-super-bowl-run

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/02/05/did-nick-foles-have-the-best-qb-postseason-ever-nope-that-belongs-to-joe-flacco/

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

1 Like

Ok sorry sir :man_bowing:t2:

All the way correct. Forgive me for having an opinion please :pray:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.