Barnes is being scapegoated AGAIN, ridiculous

Barnes will continue to lose snaps this week. Sheppard needs to go he is scapegoating Barnes for his poor scheming. I say fire him yesterday, the sooner the better.

4 Likes

Please provide more info

The sun came up a few hours ago

Fire shep now!!!

Can we trade Barnes to Jets for Az Thomas?

He’d be reunited with AG, we get a young long CB

1 Like

I think we are at a point where we need to add cap to there are only 3 things certain in life: Death, Taxes and Cap’s obsession with Barnes.

10 Likes

I’m kind of agreeing with @Capisback here. Barnes seemed to be one of our best defenders through the first 3 weeks. What is it that Shep and/or Campbell aren’t liking about his play, and what are we losing by trying to remedy whatever it is by reducing his snap counts.

2 Likes

Campbell hasn’t been worth the money.

1 Like

I agree too. One of our better three defensive players last week. Now if the decision was to say go dime and just have Jack out there and take our chances in the run game I would get it. I don’t get swapping out the LBers. Or not until Rolder is ready at least. Rolder’s usage indicates that we don’t believe he is ready.

1 Like

Barnes had the second most snap counts of LB’s if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

I heard Shep was a big fan of the Green Goblin.

I did think it was weird they cut Barnes’ snaps after he had seemingly been playing so well…. But I assume they’re just trying to change things up at this point

Pff isnt gospel but Barnes is 9th in coverage, the problem? They blitz him all the time. Over 50%. Cant be in coverage blitzing. FIRE SHEP NOW

2 Likes

Fire Shep, hire Cap!

5 Likes

Dan isn’t going to do that. Dan works with diplomacy. He quietly relieves people of their duties and allows them to save face and keep their dignity. He has done that with Lynn, he has done that with Morton. He did not do that with Pleasant bc Pleasant directly defied him and AG specifically and said fu to your plan. Maybe Dan does fire Shep during the bye week, maybe he waits till after the season. But what you are calling for is highly emotional and not at all what Dan does historically with this type of thing and generally the coaches when they leave leave respecting Dan. Because despite your wish, future coaches look at how their peers are treated. No one wants to be fired mid-season. Hard to sell a coaching job with a track record for firing the coach when things go south.

4 Likes

4 Likes

What has he lied about?

When you have a historically bad defence (again) it might be time. I remember when we were 730 of 730 (tracing back to defences over the years) when Dan got the job. Lots of grace. We had no players. We have high draft picks now on D. And we are historically bad. Waiting signals that this season is a wash (in order to save face? his? Sheps?). Jobs are so rare and precious it would remain an attractive job. Lots of candidates for the OC even though two were let go midseason (basically fired, and eveyone knew it). He can give him another role on the team as he did with the two OC’s but he should make a change. He can lose the locker room and the fan base (I’m not on twitter but I hear it is dark). We’ve had a good O for far too long to not have a chance to make a run. A good leader would make a change. I stand by that. A good leader would not answer a question about the historically bad D by pointing to the penalties on O (that is BS … plus it is Dan’s job to instill discipline). I am beyond disappointed and I don’t agree with your take (but happy to respectfully disagree).

5 Likes

You and I usually see eye to eye but I gotta disagree with part of your logic here.

There are only 32 defensive coordinator jobs in NFL. I do not believe for a second that candidates would shy away from 1 of 32 because their new boss fired a few people from those rolls. That’s often something I feel like fans say about HC gigs with bad owners…yet bad teams and documented shitty owners still get good young coaches to try.

I also think most of these dudes are extremely confident. Hard for meto believe they would shy away bc they might get fired one day.

Agree with you 100% on what I think Dans approach is though.

2 Likes

Keep watching, his agent is also very concerned, has never seen anything like it, no reason for what they are doing. When asked why, they, ( the coaching staff and GM), talk in circles about getting all the linebackers a shot.

1 Like

Wonder if reducing usage is bc he’s being dangled as trade bait?

4 Likes