Barnes is being scapegoated AGAIN, ridiculous

Wouldn’t that bait be more attractive if he is playing well?

2 Likes

You can disagree. It’s not my take. It’s what he has done. All I said was what Dan has done in every situation that where there was a coach who was let go for whatever reason. Dan historically makes changes during the bye week. I will push back on the idea of “a good leader would”. That is your personal take on what a good leader would do, but aren’t we past the point of determining what Dan is good at? Isn’t the fallback that “dan is a good leader, he isn’t an X’s and O’s guy”? To say a good leader would do XYZ in a situation where as a fanbase we know very little is putting yourself in a corner.

Also who gives a rat’s ass what twitter thinks?

It has also been told to me that coaches DO pay attention to mid season firings of coordinators. The good coordinators pay attention. @Usi05 I see your response to me as I am writing to maggie. It’s not my take…it’s the take of several people including Jeff Risdon Justin Rogers and people inside Allen park. There is a way to handle this shit. What do you think coaches talk about at the combine and annual meetings etc and behind closed doors. Dan got credit for how he handled Lynn and Morton.

Disagree all you want. The philosophy is simple. It’s a bad look for us as an organization to say “come to us as a coach, and have a chance to move up and maybe be a head coach, and then fire a guy in a tough situation without real cause” Pleasant? Real cause Lynn cause, Morton cause…but they did it quietly and kept them through the season. Shep? We wont know till it happens. If he is fired midseason and we know about it then there was cause. If they keep him and don’t adjust duties then its more likely they see the real issue as the secondary injuries.

So, you are saying he isn’t playing well with your above comment?
Or do you mean playing more?

My personal opinion: @maggie.m @Usi05 Shep is not getting it done and deserves to be fired. So everything i just shared isn’t really my opinion. I am explaining the philosophical perspective from Allen park and what has been told to me from people in the NFL who talk to other coaches…

3 Likes

I am saying cutting his snaps and bringing him on and off the field has historically affected his play. It is hard to get into a rhythm if you are constantly being taken on and off the field. Teams usually name the starters and play them. Look at the difference in his play last week. He is being told his snaps are being reduced, no real reason, and being constantly substituted, that is going to effect any kind of players timing and concentration. Pro football is tough enough without all the movement.

On another note rumor has it that Sheppard is juggling women too, that may be a big part of his problem, he needs to go, he has no clue what is going on in the locker room. The linebacker coach, Hamilton, is not in agreement with the changes either.

1 Like

You know I always appreciate your take. Don’t take my disagreement any type of way. I know you feed us what you get and I appreciate it. keep doing it

2 Likes

I think he should do what he did with Morton. I don’t disagree. I mention Twitter only bc those on it see a sea change in the fan base (and the Lion’s have had bad years). First time in the DC era where there is a turn against DC on line. I am not on Twitter (I don’t care about it). But a fan base turning on a coach is not nothing and this may be the first sign of it. Power is a funny thing and how one loses it can be as well. People seem untouchable until their not. If I put the point in a different way: I would hope that the organization would care what the fans think about how this issue is being handled. One can lose respect in many ways and I am losing respect for Dan (and I am not alone). I worry that the players will also lose respect.

1 Like

Are we playing more 5 and 6 DB formations so we have less LB snaps to go around? Playing 3 LBs makes no sense in todays NFL

1 Like

We are good man. You can push, shit tell me i am being an asshole. I promise I will reflect and apologize. Sometimes I get into the AUSTISM tunnel brain where I react to the normal overreaction of all us because we are upset we are getting embarrassed on national tv. I will try and be more clear about my personal opinion and what I have heard…and even they can be wrong. Maybe jeff talked to one coach and that doesn’t speak for every coach…i get you.

1 Like

Barnes should be 1 of the two who never leaves the field unless he needs a break, he has earned it.

I struggle with the idea of losing respect for a guy over a football game. The dude is a great man and a great coach. Just like Campbell,our LB. didn’t forget how to play pro-bowl football, Dan didn’t forget how to coach or lead men. He will figure it out. Or he won’t eventually gets fired and they hire another guy. And at that point I will turn off the Lions for the last time most likely and move on with my life.

Week 1-3 it was 70:30 (3lbs 70%)

Last week it was 55:44 3lbs. They took all the snaps away from Barnes and gave them to z

Rakestraw and J Mills at NB, and Rolder at LB.

I think Barnes would be good with the trade at this point, how would that affect his salary. Maybe that is what they are looking to do, if they had kicked the can down the road on Campbell they would have plenty money to find a good CB.

Cap I’m dying to know your connection to Barnes. Fill me in and I’ll fill you on my current beef with an NFL player and why he hates me lol

The primary value of anonymity on a social media board is that it removes personal risk, allowing people to share honest truths, whistleblow against powerful groups, and express controversial ideas without facing real-world harm.
I choose to remain anonymous.

1 Like

it wouldnt really apply to Dan though because of everything you’ve said. he hasn’t fired anyone mid season yet…hes done several “right.” so this wouldn’t have a negative effect on Dan if he did in fact fire Shep. Which he absolutely should if he wants the message “this isnt acceptable” to come across as he has suggested.

1 Like

I should have been more specific: I lose respect for the lying. Coach speak is what Belichek did. Say nothing. Dan is used to talking so instead of saying nothing, he lies and scapegoats. And then does nothing. For me, leadership is leadership and the qualities of a good leader do not change whether we are dealing with football or a kindergarten class. I didn’t always agree with him, but I always admired him. I no longer admire him. Say things and then do those things. Don’t spout lies and do nothing. Again, for me it is not about whether it is a game or not. It is much more than a game in a society that is devoid of leaders. We get our role models from sport. It is not the only place, but is is one place that cuts across the political divide. If it was just a game, I would not be on this forum. Sports is more than that. I am happy to support this argument further (i.e. by mentioning sources that trace as far back as Plato lol).

3 Likes

Totally get it. Doesn’t mean I wasn’t going to try lol

i DON’T disagree at all. Love the plato reference. Maybe I need to look closer at Dan and the coach speak. I have always seen it as he is very direct in a very indirect way. But I will be listening more closely going forward.

2 Likes

Dan has absolutely shown grace and compassion when things don’t work out. But he has also shown he is not afraid to make a change mid stream when it isn’t working out.

I will guess the real problem is there is no Ben Johnson waiting in the wings.

One thing that is really interesting is how well the Lions defense is doing getting to the passer. The DLine isn’t the problem. Its just the damn back seven pass defense.

1 Like