Bears @9

I’m glad the Bears made the trade…

FAFO- that’s what’s going to happen to Holmes and DC if they don’t get on the horse right now…

Losers talk about the future, winners hold the trophy…. We didn’t “re-build” our shitty house fell apart because it was constructed by idiots…. This thing was BUILT from brick one this time…

1. Goff is a top 5/7 QB- he’s done it 3 places now- once to gain #1 OA consideration, once to make a SB with All Pro numbers at age 23, and once here in helping turn a dumpster fire into a top 5 offense!!! He is 28, reasonably paid for his position, and has control of the offense and locker room.

2. If we extend J Jackson we have 4/5’s of a stud OL in place for 2-3 years as each of these guys starts entering their prime. Of course Decker and Sewell are on opposite ends of their primes, but both are rock solid for the next 2 for sure.

3. We have weapons at WR, and 2 have contract year motivation, and one needs to earn his reps… Competition will be good, but we need a tall and fast red zone guy…

4. I think a 5-6th rounder or a vet at TE rounds out the room

—- we need a legit starting RB, DT, LB, NB, and CB between free agency and the draft….

If we go get some guys like CGJ, Sutton, D Tomlinson, Hargrave, L David, Peters, Bradberry, N Davis, Chark, etc….

We will be the favorites the next 2 years….

Lions QBs: Need weapunz around them to succeed

Fields: Will suck regardless if he has weapunz or not

And this makes sense somehow?

4 Likes

Recency bias for OSU QB’s in the NFL plus Goff’s performance with and without talent around him.

I don’t know how good fields is at progressions, accuracy, or reading defs.

It’s their bias against Fields. Many on this board say the things that they say about Fields because of A) He played for Ohio State and plays for the Bears and B) The Lions passed on him so if he is good then it’s a “Oh shit why did the Lions pass on him??” So they have to stick to that narrative because if I recall you and myself were two of very few people who were pushing for the Lions to draft Fields.

1 Like

Forgot to add…

Also Fields: Has never had weapunz

The Bears I think are looking for a O-linemen, but there are rumblings that Carter could possibly fall on draft night.

Or, that Fields is a bad QB that has good wheels. Sounds like a lot of other QB’s that some fans get enamored with. It’s great to have wheels IF you are a good QB. Good wheels don’t overcome bad QB play.

Fields was 25th in passer rating last season (and he had the benefit of playing against the Lions pass D twice). He has produced 6 wins over the last 2 seasons. Fields had 11 picks and 9 fumbles last season.

Goff, on the other hand was the 7th rated passer. He produce 9 wins this season. He had 7 picks and 3 fumbles.

As far as the Ohio State thing, I was a huge advocate for drafting Taylor Decker when we did. I think CJ Stroud is best QB in this class. While I’m sure some have an anti-OSU bias, once they leave college they are all “potential Lions” and I try to treat them all the same.

1 Like

Young QBs rarely, if ever, play well on bad teams. Matt Nagy had a bad Chicago team and last year Matt Eberfust was a first time head coach. IMO Fields is a way better QB if he’s playing for a head coach like Kyle Shanahan

1 Like

I wouldn’t discount a WR for them at 9,

Moore is good, but he’s not a true number 1……A really good #2

1 Like

They’re not going WR at 9. I’ll be shocked if it’s not Skoronski, Jones or Paris Johnson.

1 Like

@farmerted was another one

This is the Bears we’re talking about! Nothing should surprise you

Shitcago played this to perfection. If fields isn’t the answer at qb they’ll be in position to get Williams next season. This is why qb is so important for us. If we don’t address soon our window of winning will be short lived imo

Fields inherited an 8-8 wildcard playoff team. They got worse AFTER Fields.

Fields wasn’t even the starter at first… let’s start with that fact. And I’m sure the Bears going from 8-8 to 6-11 was all on Fields….absolutely nothing to do with losing Khalil Mack and because Fields only played in 12 games (starting 10 of them) hell let’s just lay the blame on him…. :person_shrugging:

Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

That’s right he was :+1:

1 Like

My reasoning is OSU QBs mostly blow in the NFL. Couple that with a Chicago program that has never developed a QB. Its a more than fair assumption that Fields will fail.

Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

Perhaps if he remains in Chicago…sure. But what if he goes to a different team with a bright offensive mind? I’d give him more than a chance of rejuvenating his very young career

1 Like