Bears @9

Fields only had 3 wins (his first win he only threw for 60 yards). He was 3-7, including losing his last 6. After his 3-1 start his rookie year, mostly just running around, he’s been 3-12. In both seasons, he started off relatively hot 3-1 in his first 4 starts, followed by 0-6. In his 2nd season he started out 2-1 and then went 1-6.

I think he starts off the season healthy and does OK running around. As the hits start to mount up, the level of play goes down. We’ll see how 2023 goes but if it is anything like 21 & 22, you are hoping to not play the Bears out of the gate but after 4 or 5 games, Fields has been dinged enough that his level of play drops off.

1 Like

Yeah but you are speaking about the Bears being 8-8 as if they were a juggernaut. That 8-8 wild card team was not better than 2022 Lions. They had a better defense….but not a better team.

We weren’t talking about the Lions. We weren’t comparing the Lions to the Bears.

I was making the point that when Fields was drafted to the Bears, they were coming off an 8-8 season and have gotten steadily worse since he came to the team.

They had been getting worse even before Fields got there. Remember they were a 12-4 division champ and this 8-8 squad who barely got in the playoffs wasn’t even close to that. Factor in Matt Nagy’s coaching and the injuries that team endured that is a bigger reason why they went from 8-8 to 6-11….but of course you wanna put it on Fields because it suits your narrative

How many years of subpar play is Chicago going to tolerate?

I think it’s one more. If the Bears only win 5-6 games (which is what I expect from them), Chicago will get a QB next year in the draft (packaging their pick and Carolina pick to get a real QB).

Fields will get traded in 2024.

Fields actually completed passes in college unlike AR lol. Anyone else think AR will be a poor mans Fields?

Bears are 2023’s Jaguars. Big Free Agent class along with a bunch of rookies = improved play as season progresses.

Unlike the Jags, though, the Bears aren’t in one of the league’s worst divisions.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.