Bears could trade Justin Fields to Baltimore

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

90% of something is better than 100% of nothing

You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

If there was one guy who needed an agent to slow his chip on the shoulder, angry disrespected man persona that he is 100% bought into, it’s him.

He is uniquely talented, but uniquely vulnerable and somehow was incredibly lucky enough to last deep into the late 1st round and thus has never had a bad team and thus never had to deal with all the emotional and on field trash that ensues for years, normally. Oh, and this team is uniquely suited to his game offensively and defensively.

If he wanted a market level deal, where he would be set for life, rich and respected, hed have it already, Lamar and Mom or with an agent.

Nope. One other douchebag got a contract that the rest of the owners would like to take Haslem out and tie him to a fire ant hill for. And Lamar’s giant chip now demands that it’s puppet dance the “Because I am being disrespected” dance , since his team, smartly and rightly even moreso now he has a PCL injury, wont give it to him.

Straight up emotionally deranged stupidity. That’s why you, and he especially, needed an agent

7 Likes

Somebody help me out here–isn’t Jackson a free agent this offseason? Is it a team option that needs to be picked up? How would he be traded in that scenario?

I just don’t see the world as quite that perfect. :laughing:

1 Like

I thought all of it was pretty plausible until this. Carter is just on another planet than Murphy as a prospect, plus the Seahawks have pretty good edge depth with Nwosu, Mafe and Taylor. Murphy would be more of a DL for them anyway.

1 Like

I’m waiting on the Geno situation to resolve. Both him coming back and his contractual terms will dictate where I think they’ll go. I think QB is a very real possibility at 5.

1 Like

Yeah them going QB makes a lot more sense. But if Levis, Young and Stroud are gone by their pick (as in the example above), do you really think they’d go Richardson at #5? Maybe if they do bring Geno back they’d think about it.

I thought he was to , but , I can’t swear on it.

1 Like

It’s possible. The pre-draft process is likely to be beneficial for both Levis and AR.

Yeah for sure. Well I suppose if 4 of the first 5 picks are QB, then we’ll be in luck.

3 Likes

Just did a quick search and everything says that yes he is a FA this offseason unless the Ravens sign him to a new contract before March.

2 Likes

Franchise tag

4 Likes

Yea, I think the Ravens are going to tag him for sure. Can’t have him leaving and getting nothing for him. Tag him and start shopping him. Some team will give them 2 first rounders, maybe more.

I really don’t see Lamar having a long career though with his playing style so teams should be very careful of trading for him and then giving him a massive new deal.

3 Likes

I may be missing that suggestion by a different poster in this thread, but if you’re referencing the OP, he isn’t suggesting the Ravens trade Jackson. He’s proposing the Ravens trade for Fields, and I’m assuming let Jackson walk (or limp) into free agency.

Would be a horrible decision by Miami. Tyreek would demand a trade by week 5. The reason the ravens never cared to surround Lamar with elite WR talent is because he can’t throw the ball. Tyreek and Waddles catches would be cut in half.

2 Likes

I just can’t see a team giving up 2 first round picks for the privilege of paying Lamar $50 mil a year to be their QB. Seems like lunacy. But then again, the Cardinals decided to cave to Murray and are paying him $46 mil year.

So I guess you never know.

3 Likes

Yea, seems like a lot but then you see the Watson trade, the Russ Wilson trade. The 49ers trading several first rounders to move up to get Lance. These so called franchise QB’s are expensive to acquire. But buyer beware because all those trades I just mentioned have been disasters so far.

I’m hoping the Bears decide to stick with Fields AND ask for too much so end up paying #1 money for a OT that they were hoping to take a bit later after a trade down.

Miami doesn’t get a new QB until they prove they can take care of the one they already have. Any time my kid asks for a Guinea pig I remind her that she’s not exactly hitting it out of the park with the small fish tank in her room.

3 Likes

Lamar sending some weird mixed messages after it was mentioned (not confirmed) that he could have played last night.

1 Like

How many concussions has the poor fish sustained!?

2 Likes