Bears fire OC and others

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1745103875873353785?s=20

Hm. curious who they would hire that could make fields functional. he’s very much a backyard qb that has great success when plays break down. he’s even said so.

so…to paraphrase buddy ryan talkign to randall cunningham “just go out and do something”

1 Like

How to keep your job for 1 more year and keep the fans distracted
sacrifice GIF

4 Likes

Its actually Matt Nagy all over again

Lame Duck HC

a 1st round QB that wills how mixed results

and its in the middle of arguably the best HC cycles in the NFL

unserious organization

3 Likes

I think this might actually signal the Bears keeping Justin Fields and drafting Marvin Harrison or a non-QB with their highest 1st Rd pick (wherever that ends up being).

8 Likes

Bears better not drop to far from the number 1 pick if they want Harrison.

1 Like

I dont want the Bears dropping 8 picks again and getting another Pro Bowl level talent , 2025 1st plus more picks.

As a Justin Fields fan this is a great move for them.

As a Lions fan I absolutely hate this. Unless of course they can hire someone else just as bad.

I think ur right.

The Bears showed real good improvement the 2nd half of season. Especially on defense.

There best chance at the playoffs next year is probably keeping Fields. He at least has a connection with Moore. Who had a big season.

Otherwise if you trade Fields… and go with a rookie QB that could be another long season of rookie mistakes. Eberflus is only going to get so many years

1 Like

They’re in 2020 Quinn-Tricia mode–draft for the present, not for the future.

4 Likes

I agree.

Now what if you trade Fields and sign Cousins.
With that defense. Might work. Cousins Moore and Harrison. They gotta decent TE as well

A few things we know will happen to the bears next year….

Fields will get hurt and the Packers will own them. Was really disappointed in how the Bears didn’t show up in the last game of the season. They had an opportunity to do what the Lions did the year before. Would have been a huge win for Fields and the Bears going into the offseason

1 Like

Held the pack to 17… but Joe Barry shut Fields down. Probably explains the OC getting canned. Had 190 total yards of offense. Yikes

The Bears should hire Ryan Day for OC and draft Harrison. They will be mini OSU … I mean its worked so well for Philly to be mini Georgia.

Trade out of #1, get your haul and still take a QB at some point. Get the best OT available and keep looking for an OG later. They have cash and draft picks and Fields is just over $6 million to keep. If they can’t kill it next season with below average coaching I would be surprised.

Da Bears
Three Stooges GIF by IFC

I mean they have the QB for it

Bring in Rich Rodriguez

1 Like

Well, they have about 37 draft picks, so, they got that going for them.

Bobby Williams and Chucky McSmokestack!

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group