Before we just gloss over the idea of Tua to the Lions at 3

1. I’ve heard several drs say they think Tua may need not ever get back to what he was. Without seeing that… no way
  2. Rogers was taken at 25 NOT 3. You sent as likely getting that impact super star at 25 so it’s easy to gamble…Or easier anyway.

Find an example of Baker being 1st round prospect before his last year.

I need something more than your opinion too.

I will not waste my time here , your comparison was just ridiculous ……
Other than to tell you what I know …… Baker Mayfield was a top 4 Heisman Vote getter for 2 years prior to winning the Heisman in 2017 …3 straight years, only Herschel Walker can make that claim from the last 80 years ……… Obviously he can not be a first round prospect if he is not eligible to be drafted.
For you to pretend Mayfield and Burrows remotely followed the same path to the draft or the #1 pick is absurd and moronic

For you to claim Joe Burrow doesn’t make vertical throws is literally the dumbest thing I’ve read in 15 years on this message board.

Quote me ….I’ll wait . That is not remotely what I said .
You apparently have zero understanding of what a route tree is . Me saying Burrows almost never throws to a receiver running a vertical route is not the same as saying Burrows never throws a vertical pass …… Get your shit straight read what I wrote , not what you think I wrote

Borh statements are equally stupid

And Kyler Murray wasn’t even supposed to be playing football after college. His rise was unprecedented both for coming from nowhere and for his height.

No not all …only one was stupid . My statement was correct, he barely ever throws to a rec running a vertical route. You saying I said he never throws the ball vertical is the only untrue stupid statement . You have no clue what the difference is ……

Still waiting on the wager you offered that you have ran from ? $20 , $50 , $100 Let me know

Kyler Murray would be a hell of a lot better example than Mayfield ever could be to the unprecedented statement and one year wonder……Murray choosing Baseball does not mean he was not wanted in the NFL or that he wasn’t supposed to be drafted, that was his choice to make and not relevant to the debate .
Also Murray is an incredible athlete , dynamic , has a cannon for an arm , and his height has become a lot less important based on recent trends of Wilson , Mayfield etc showing it can be done, height is an issue for me ……I still would not want a Murray for QB but that’s not relevant to the debate either.

Mayfield may be the best College QB to ever play the game and he was the #1 pick ……

Burrows path to #1 is based off of 1 year and 1 year only that does not remotely resemble Mayfield

Mayfield was a known quantity, but is a mediocre talent. Only in a weak year could he go #1 to a bad organization. They had shots at Watson and Mahomes and passed? Bad organizations don’t recognize real talent and what is needed at the NFL level.

yep obviously when they drafted rodgers GB was in decent shape. DET has too many holes right now and needs impact players. we draft a qb at #3 this year and we might as well prep for a top 10 pick next year too.

Tua declares for the NFL draft.

1 Like

2 Likes

Wrong. Mayfield was not in that draft. You just talk to hear yourself talk.

Interesting how the people who are concerned with drafting a QB “with major injury concerns” are ready to push all their chips to the center of the table on a 32 year old QB who has had broken back issues each of the past two seasons, and is now missing a bunch of games because of them.

Of course I’d have no interest in Tua unless his medical completely checks out.

1 Like

I just want us to draft a play maker on the defense side of the ball.

1 Like

You replied to me with this ? Was it meant for me ?

Tua is not a QB I would ever draft post accident . The only positive thing that could come from his medical is the obvious …All they could say is hip is structurally sound and works with the titanium installed in it…nothing the doctors can say will reflect his range of motion as an athlete or in comparison to it’s motion pre injury with no baseline to work from.
No one can speak to the long term in regards to how it will hold up under the rigors of being a QB and if it will become arthritic quickly … and a big part to his game is the mobility
Tua will not be able to show anything tangible pre draft while still recovering …He is a Huge Gamble.
He’s had surgery and doctors have told him he can expect a full recovery, but that does not mean recovering to play the way he did before the injury.

Tua himself said …

“ I don’t think I’ll be the same again, because there’s, like metal in here, you know?"
" I lose some rotation inward, so I won’t be able to twist as much inward and whatnot. I wouldn’t need that as much when you’re running, you’re almost always opening up your hip."
" I won’t be able to rotate it internally the same way.”

I feel for the kid , it sucks. He is trying to remain positive. I’ll tell you this you do rotate your hip inward to throw though and that will suffer with the rotation not being the same…

Stafford’s injury is bad luck, not an injury that makes it more likely to happen again . An Ortho friend of mine told me it this way " the hit and impact matters, he is no more likely than anyone else who receives the same hit in the same spot, being lucky is the key "

1 Like

I wasn’t totally sold on Tua pre injury I’m not taking him top 5 post injury.

Nobody suggested they were in that draft. They passed when they were in the draft and both are very good talents.