Before we let Stafford off the hook

… he almost gave Arizona the win with that bullshit throw at the end.

Like, zero excuse for that, Matt.

2 Likes

That’s the play you want to point to?? Really?!

Totally fair.

Looked tipped but still true.

He played better but still not at the level I am accustomed too (aside from last year)

He’s not basing his entire performance on it, read the topic again.

1 Like

Um, that isn’t what I said.

I said before we let Stafford off the hook.

And if Arizona’s defensive back didn’t have rubber hands, our tie is a historic loss.

2 Likes

That would’ve been SOL. Things are looking up. Then the tie is almost like a win. Or not.

1 Like

The Ball was tipped at the line by the way

3 Likes

Didn’t know that! Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

The ball being tipped didn’t seem to slow the ball down any, it just put a little wobble on it. The ball being tipped might have been what saved the CB from intercepting that pass, it’s not why the CB was able to step in front of the WR and almost make an interception.

2 Likes

Stafford’s 10-year career was encapsulated in this game. He looked GREAT for 40 minutes. His final stat lines will look fantastic. But when it came time to win, to overcome the choking around him and to show them the way to victory, he just. Can’t. Do. It.

And he’s never been able to.

It makes me laugh out loud that this will yet again allow the Stafford-Can-Do-No-Wrong crowd to say this 27-27 loss isn’t on him. What did the offense do in the second half – against possibly the worst team in football, missing its starting cornerbacks?

1 Like

#fakenews

True… Now that said, I’ll let him off the hook… And the offense for that matter…

What happened to applying pressure in the 2nd half??? Shoulda dialed it up for 3.5 quarters, not 1.5!

4 Likes

Kenny G should have caught that ball in the end zone, game over.

1 Like

Blaming this tie on Stafford tells me you didn’t watch the game,the loss is on Patricia and Bevell

4 Likes

It looked to me that it changed the trajectory quite a bit, but I could be wrong

Stafford made a mistake throwing the ball. Still, he played really well. If we get THIS Stafford all season a WC birth is possible. Sadly I doubt we see that consistency. His run game kind of sucked, his LT was a turnstile and yet he stay was incredibly productive.

3 Likes

Arizona’s pass defense was so bad. Wide open guys on every pass play. The Lions aren’t going to come even remotely close to seeing as poor a defense as they did today.
And that 4th down play in overtime that was called back for a delay of game was the dumbest pass I have ever seen 4th down on your own 5 yard line and you throw a dump off pass? If the play wouldn’t have been called back and the RB drops that ball, the Cards take over with 2 seconds left in the game on the Lions 5 yard line.

How in the shit is a WC possible when we are fortunate to have a tie with a dogcrap team playing street signees on defense and a rookie midget at QB.

It will take 4 team’s planes crashing into each other to make the playoffs…

2 Likes

Umm, if Stafford plays the whole season at a QB rating of 110 we better freaking make the playoffs. Has a QB with a season long QB rating that high ever not made the playoffs?

He won’t of course but if we get that Matt all year we will be a tough out.

2 Likes