Ben Johnson's new offense & comments from Lions offensive players

Pride of Detroit

@PrideOfDetroit

17m

Amon-Ra St. Brown says the offensive scheme is quite different than last year. New language. “Revamped.”

Chris Burke

@ChrisBurkeNFL

45m

DJ Chark on his first impressions of Ben Johnson’s scheme: “It’s pretty impressive. It’s a lot of the staples – I’ve had four different coordinators in my four years – but it’s a lot of variations of those staple plays that are pretty cool, that I haven’t necessarily seen.”

Tim Twentyman

@ttwentyman

44m

Chark said one of the things he hopes to do more of in Detroit is to be able to show off his run-after-catch skills with a versatile route package.

Tim Twentyman

@ttwentyman

19m

Amon-Ra St. Brown said his focus this offseason has been all about the mental aspect of the game. Learning defenses and coverage and how he can attack them.

Kory Woods

@KoryEWoods

18m

St. Brown said the addition of Jameson Wiliams is one that could up open up the field in the middle more.

Kory Woods

@KoryEWoods

17m

“Why shoot for anything lower?” Amon-Ra. St. Brown when asked about multiple players speaking on Super Bowl goals

9 Likes

Quotes coming out today are absolute gold. The massive change in player attitude toward the organization will lead to a league wide change in reputation that will be integral in attracting free agents down the road.

4 Likes

“Why shoot for anything lower?”
St Brown just gets more and more likeable!

13 Likes

Can we start with a single playoff win for the love of God!!! It’s been 31 years.

chris farley GIF

9 Likes

I want players that aim high, front office everyone don’t care if “it’s the Lions”.
I’m pretty sure getting to the SB will require at least one playoff win.

9 Likes

It hasn’t been 31 years for these players…just us rabble.

It’s their careers, they should be aiming for the ultimate prize IMHO. I want a culture where winning is paramount. Just like that “meaningless win” people griped about when they beat GB…I prefer the win.

14 Likes

peyton manning yes GIF by Gatorade
:point_up_2: :point_up_2:What the life coach sees :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

4 Likes

Yes we can, my bro. You’ll see.

1 Like

Scary thought… is Brockers the only Lion that was alive for our last playoff win?

6 Likes

The scary answer is “Yes”.

2 Likes

Yes…another change. We don’t have a bunch of old guys anymore. Chock full of youngsters.

1 Like

Nobody truly knows how old Jack Fox is. Aliens don’t keep track of that shit. When he cam to earth, they were like…“meehhh…he looks about 25.”

He’s probably about 800 and thinks it’s hilarious that ppl think the Lions can’t win.
He has seen so much more conflict that football, and is merely waiting to unleash more of his power, in as inconspicuous a way as possible.

5 Likes

Can you imagine the noise in Ford field if they managed a home playoff game for the first time since 91? Eardrums are going to be destroyed!

9 Likes

Of course I agree, but to start a winning culture, baby steps are needed. How about a division title!? Dominating the NFC North for example as smaller goals. No chance we are beating Brady or Stafford in the playoffs yet.

1 Like

A man can only dream so much!!

Just a playoff win… all I want is a playoff win. Then maybe another win. Then maybe a super bowl. Tell ya what, let me watch your house. I’ll sleep in your bed, I’ll keep it warm for you. I’ll wash all the sheets. I’ll even have dinner waiting for you when you get home. Then you can give me a playoff win. And because I did such a good job, how about two playoff wins? And then when you realize how good it makes you feel, you’ll give me a super bowl win. That’s all I’m asking for, just a super bowl win. You’d do that for me, right?

2 Likes

They are going to start by taking the division crown from the Pukers.
Then a playoff win.

3 Likes

Or maybe, just maybe Fox has already seen the future and he knows how good it’s going to be for the Lions!! ha ha he came back to save us.

1 Like

He’s definitely on some stuff that “normal” people don’t understand. Complete next level, and a waste of time to try to understand.

1 Like

Hahaha @DetroitStrong - Best post I’ve read in months, possibly years!!!

PS - Let me sleep in your bed!!

1 Like