Ben Johnson's new offense & comments from Lions offensive players

I heard a rumor on the interwebs that Fox has been licking Toads for years!!!

homer simpson GIF

2 Likes

I like what Brad said after he was hired. " I don’t believe in ceilings"

I completely agree with him. Why put any constraints on winning.They don’t need graduation steps. Just win baby!

2 Likes

All of those comments are very offensive.

2 Likes

Now don’t you get all defensive.

2 Likes

Here was his whole response
“I think that’s in everyone’s mind, is the Super Bowl,” receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown said. “Obviously our goal is to win the division. You win the division, you make the playoffs. So that’s our goal right now, is to win the division and make the playoffs. But obviously, everyone’s ultimate goal is the Super Bowl.

“I mean, why shoot for anything lower?”

5 Likes

Love the kid!

2 Likes

This explains a ton!

2 Likes

Can we stop this cruel game!!! And give this team one shred of dignity??? Let ‘em win the super bowl, they’ve already slept in your bed!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THE LIONS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!! (In the voice of the late great Chris Farley)

1 Like

Completely in love with our coaches!

In love with this team!

1 Like

lol… Farley was the best!!!

Awesome Chris Farley GIF

1 Like

Well if we win the SB, that means we had to wins a few playoff games huh?!

Reverse engineering thinking please!

4 Likes

Amen brother!!! 17-0 until proven otherwise right!

2 Likes

■■■■■■■ Fords. Soul sucking wastrels.

1 Like

Do as I say…AND as I do

Our coaches want a competitive spirit in each and every player on the roster. Earn your spot.

As a player, the standard is set, when the Coaching staff itself is competing against one other. From the top down, competition is the daily mind-set.

This quote from Ben Johnson is our Lions culture, summed up in 6 simple words.

9 Likes

Love that, thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Love how both our offensive and defensive coaches are playing to the strength of the people they have instead of trying to shoehorn them into a specific scheme.

15 Likes

Every coach says that but the number of guys that actually do it are minimal. I’m very encouraged by this coaching staff so far.

Dan effectively firing Lynn midseason could’ve been a Lionesque disaster but it turned out our HC is truly all about being fluid and changing things on the fly if it’s not going well. His influence is permeating through the entire staff. I’m extremely hopeful.

4 Likes

Every danged part of that tweet is music to my ears/eyes.

1 Like

Worth the listen.

5 Likes

Takeaways

1. we will be communicating in monosyllabic grunts and hand signals
  2. OL will murder ass
  3. RB by Committee - not likely to run 100 plays/game
  4. they are looking at schematic of the run game on lack of run efficiency, rather than just saying “Ragnow is coming back”
  5. Would be much more handsome with shaved head
3 Likes