Best remaining available in Rd 2

Haha I see what you did there. Made me LOL at work and people are now staring at me. Well done :joy:

I wonder if another run on WRs starts before the #46 pick… would be nice if KC would flip pick 50, 135, and maybe a 6th next year to move up.

the problem is… there is no guarantee he will be cleared to play football… ever.

I haven’t read anything to suggest that. That would be horrible that kid has a future at LB.

“Former LSU star Damone Clark is underdoing spinal fusion surgery on Thursday to repair a herniated disk, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. An MRI revealed the issue earlier this month at the NFL Scouting Combine. Pelissero reports Clark is likely to miss the 2022 season but is expected to make a full recovery.”

Agreed. But, 5th or 6th round, I’d be all on-board with him.

Especially if the Lions go S in the 3rd.

1 Like

“full recovery” does not exist after spinal fusion.

He might get cleared to play.
There also a very real chance he has another injury to his neck at an adjacent disc.

Playing LB with a cervical disc injury history would be terrifying.

edit to also add……

Lifting heavy weights after a cervical disc injury also may become much more difficult.
He may battle muscle spasms and strains in his neck and upper back. It could lead to a loss of strength in his upper body.

He’s a Zack Follett waiting to happen

1 Like

Rates of successful return to play after CDH surgery were analyzed. Most players – 67 percent of those with upper-level CDH and 72 percent with lower-level injuries – were able to return to play after surgery and rehabilitation, with no significant differences between the two groups. In both groups, recovery time was about nine months. On average, players continued playing for about 44 games and three years after CDH surgery.

To get an idea of how well each athlete played after returning from surgery, the researchers used a “Performance Score” based on NFL game statistics. Scores were not significantly different between groups, suggesting that athletes with upper-level CDH performed as well as those with lower-level injuries.

In 34 players, surgery consisted of spinal fusion (a procedure called anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, or ACDF).

NFL players get back in the game after upper spine surgery – ScienceDaily

Would like to see us finish the rebuild on offense with a running back and a tight-end and then spend the rest of the draft on defense. Goff will have everything he needs to succeed. If he sucks next year we will be in perfect position to draft our qb. If he’s so-so we’ll have a decision to make. If he is a stud, we spend 80% of next year’s draft on completing the defense.

I would LOVE THAT!

I heard that as well, re Willis. Still doubt he lasts, but he’s still on the board now…

It does seem like a pretty low cost if you like Willis, Corral, Ridder…

I would also be happy with Andrew Booth if we somehow landed him.

Fingers crossed, my brother! That would be amazing to get him in the 2nd! I sure as hell didn’t draw it up that way. That would be better than my best case scenario.

I’d be all in (obviously. LOL).

1 Like
  1. Ojabo
  2. Pitre
  3. Brisker
  4. Kenneth Walker
  5. Tre McBride
  6. Travis Jones

I think that’s what i like right now.

Open to Willis if he’s there… would be interesting

:muscle: :sunglasses:

I much prefer a 3T to a NT, so Winfrey over Jones. If NT was a must, I’d wait and take Ellis (Luther’s son) or Uwazurike who can play both.

Right now I would love Dean or one of the QBs get Cook at 97 for safety

2nd Rd QB to learn under Goff Goff after next year traded and new guy steps in and we now have a rookie contract QB going into Dan/Brad 3rd year

Me too… but I could see the Bucs or Vikings scooping him up in a hurry.

Holmes found a good starting S in Jordan Fuller in 2020 Rd 6 at No. 199 overall & a high quality starter, John Johnson, in 2017 Rd 3 at No. 91 overall. Point is, there are still opportunities to find starting caliber players.

In Holmes We Trust

1 Like

I like that. Maybe we can then forget about the other wuzarikitty split?