“Biblical beat down”

patchwork line?

@farmerted brought this up… so just want to include him as well.

My question…

Does it matter if ya have a patchwork line if they can hold without being called?

Does it matter if ya can’t block if Rodgers can skip a ball short of the endzone and get a PI call… even though Adams was in the endzone?

I mean… how is that a “catchable ball”???

4 Likes

I’m still amazed by that PI call.

1 Like

I’m sure the game would be much more interesting if the officials flagged all 42 holding calls on opposing teams we fans see in every contest that the Lions lose.

I don’t really buy into the conspiracies. It’s boring and lazy to me, but hey, to each their own.

Some folks have claimed bias instead of conspiracy, but how is bias even measured? Not really sure. I try to focus more on what the Lions did wrong than the officials.

1 Like

100% agreed - terrible call.

I am not a fan of seeing 38 flags per game… but pretty frustrating when the Lions get held play after play… and then the refs call holding on the Lions’ offense… but then make a “correction” on the call to a player that DOES NOT EXIST ON THE TEAM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1440114413592264705

Yep…
In this pic the ball is about to land just inside the 1 yard line. Not sure how that could have been catchable…

Thanks for posting the still! I’ve been looking for this one.

How about the 1 that didn’t get called… on the Packers.
Should have been offensive PI… as 2 WRs started blocking well before the ball was caught.

1 Like

It’s my understanding that WRs can legally block near the LOS on passes behind the LOS.

I hear you man, and I honestly try not to judge others who feel differently about it. Sometimes, in the heat of the game, I can’t help it. haha

you are correct… I didn’t realize that MVS was within 1 yard of LOS… but Dafney is blocking at the 7 yard line as well, so it should have been called.

1 Like

This is what we were talking about.
If he sees an even borderline PI, he can just whip it anywhere within 10 feet of that interaction and get a flag. Ridiculous"