Big play Slay?

Seems like the shade wasn’t directed at Detroit exactly

And to make slay look like he was the problem
Just doesn’t acknowledge so many problematic things that actually says about the lions who drafted and re-signed and held in high value , and a coaching staff thst asked him to do very difficult assignments … all bad.

The issue you raised is interesting
But hall of fame coach Bill parcells had discuss sets of rules for stars and handled players differently based on the player.

In today’s world , how much talent would you let go to fit into your mold ? I think Mahommes has traded jerseys.

Rod marinelli wanted a bunch of football only gym rats

Patricia sacrificed talent for culture that didn’t take hold.

Slsy’s worth ? Who cares ? It’s actually good for lions to put former employees in position to either be rewarded by the lions or paid elsewhere with expanded opportunity

Since no matter where you work or profession
Those are types of opportunities people want.
They don’t want to be wasted and feel like it’s a dead end.

If the lions were having success and slay was too , thst would be good thing

Slay was not moved out because he traded Jerseys this would be overlooked …he undermined and sabotaged a locker room because he was butt hurt & behaved and responded to harsh criticism like a whiney child.

True, but , the Talent he sacrificed played a big part in why the culture did not take hold.

Our best CB and Pro Bowler a key piece had to be moved out, because he checked out, and was me guy, rather than a team guy.

The mind boggling takes continue. Some of you guys absolutely deserve this team. You’re a match made in heaven.

4 Likes

Imo

I hate to say I think that’s a very problematic take

First it suggests lions have now made a mistake for moving on from Patricia since you’re suggesting is an otherwise great qualified hire while players like Slay were the problem …

Imo the what it is … how much did Patricia waste Slay as a top nfc in his prime corner by asking him to play in a scheme very few have made look successful much like we could ask how many years he wasted of Stafford’s prime ?

In the nfl world I don’t know who is worth their money but making it sound like Slay , a guy who put in the work and improved every year , wasn’t a problem until the bigger problem arrived …

Do you think Patricia should still be employed since you’re blaming the player as a cancer rather than the coach ?

Patricia was in over his head as a HC, he was a total disaster & he deserved to get fired & he was. Slay turned into a locker room cancer because he got his feelings hurt by Patricia. I’m glad they’re both gone.

Lions always right!

Players always wrong!

It truly is a bizarre spectacle to see these fans of a losing franchise fall over themselves trying to defend every move they make.

1 Like

The players are just as responsible for the Lions current predicament as the Coaches and front office. But I understand there’s a certain segment of fans that will always hold players to low standards & will defend against any criticism. I hold owners, GMs, coaches & players to the same high standards. The Lions franchise is viewed as a complete laughingstock. And the coaches, front office, owners & players are all responsible for that.

1 Like

“OK, granted, the people running this team are morons who are terrible at their jobs and will likely never work at that level again. But for you, Mr. Player, we expect you to do much more than just play your best. We expect you to never say a peep about anything, ever, even after you’ve left the organization, or otherwise behave like an adult human being in any way. Because even though you’re one of like 50 people on the entire effing planet who can do your job at your level, and even though 31 other teams would be happy to pay you millions to do it, you should be quietly thankful to be part of this historically awful franchise, and to have some shithead who doesn’t know what he’s doing yell obscenities at you.”

2 Likes

Right, except for that whole thing where players like Slay and Diggs and Quin performed at a very high-level for this team when they had coaches who knew what the hell they were doing. But other than that, yes, they’re all equally responsible.

3 Likes

I couldn’t care less about the STFU part.

I’ll take Deion Sanders, Mike Irvin, Lawrence Taylor in a minute

5 Likes

I would too. It’s fine to talk about how great you are if you deliver like those guys above. It’s quite different when you aren’t nearly as good as those guys and you aren’t just talking about how good you are, but actually trashing people in your organization to the world.

I don’t think some of you have ever worked for a bad boss or organization.

4 Likes

Or some of us have and still know how to handle it in a class manner, even after you’ve moved on. You don’t burn bridges. You don’t go on social media and clown current or former bosses. It’s really not that hard to take the high road in life.

If I was a GM I would absolutely hold it against these players who go on blast on social media. I would do everything I could to find someone else who can deliver on the field without being a ticking time bomb of negativity. If they are doing that on social media, what are they doing in the locker room or with other players off the field? I would suggest poisoning the culture.

1 Like

I understand your stance…but think of it from a players standpoint. Darius has made 58 million, he doesn’t have to play anymore. If you think you’re going to employ some clowns to run your organization and the players not to blow the whistle on them, that’s probably not a reasonable expectation.

2 Likes

Is it really that hard to come into a new organization and treat the employees with respect? You go into any new situation and act like a douchebag, there is going to be blowback.

2 Likes

Plus, with Slay and Diggs, it seems personal after being talked down to like shit by some Mickey mouse coach.
They want the rest of the league to know of what a dirtball MP is, cant blame them.

Not many reports of players or ex-players making it a point to talk shit about Caldwell.
Treat your players with respect and they treat you with respect as well, odd concept.

3 Likes

Slay telegraphed the handoffs to Blount

I would never undermine my boss. Never. If he was clown like MattyPatty… no. But my work ethic wouldn’t be the same. I’ve blasted BigMouthSlay for sure… and we know much more now as fans… but as an employee… I would’ve still towed the line, kept my mouth shut, and not gone public.

Turns out… Slay isn’t nearly as good as he thinks he is. I get not wanting to work for a belittling boss… but if you’re a professional… you keep it in-house.

For sure… MattyPatty was a jerk… it cost him his job. It should’ve. It would’ve happened anyway… without the bitches bitching. As I see it… MattyPatty had serious ego problems… typically that pisses off the people with the biggest ego problems. Slay falls into that category.