Bijan or Jaxon Smith-Njigba?

Let’s say you have to pick one of these two guys with our 2nd first round pick and they are both on the board, who would you take and why?

You can’t add anyone else or substitute with defense, just pick one of these two guys and why please.

• Bijan Robinson
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t want either with that pick, but I would go Bijan because Swift has been a disappointment and can’t stay healthy!

5 Likes

Man that’s a good question… I’m still thinking…

Why?

1. Swift is injury prone, unreliable, and a UFA after 2023

2. Jamaal will be a UFA after this season and may command a contract on the open market in excess of what the Lions are willing to pay

3. Bijan is like a healthy Todd Gurley

4. Lions already have ARSB & Jamo, and there are only so many balls to go around at the WR position

5. Campbell wants the Lions to be a running team

8 Likes

Ok you convinced me… but my only question is making a WR room even better, and also being able to find other really good RBs later in the draft. If you have a good OL (which we do) you can make a lot of RBs look good

But I still voted for Bijan

2 Likes

Still have nightmares about this trio of WRs

8 Likes

Lol I definitely hear ya… but I don’t think st. Brown and Jamo have the same concerns surrounding them as Mike Williams and Rogers did.

Roy Williams turned out to be the best of the three simply because he stayed in the league (and we got a bunch of draft picks for him!)

If I could go back in time, I think Rogers would’ve been great but he needed to get outta MI. Would’ve taken Andre Johnson and for goodness sake would’ve taken deandre ware every day and twice on Sunday over mike Williams who sat out a whole year and ate Burger King

3 Likes

True, but the pain lingers…

By the way, the answer is somewhat artificial because its’ based upon the two limited options presented.

Given that we have the 32nd ranked defense, I’d like to see more resources invested on that side of the ball.

3 Likes

Oh for sure, but it’s an interesting hypothetical

2 Likes

Same here and that’s not hindsight. I advocated for Andre Johnson over Charles Rogers for two simple reasons. First, the Lions were going to run the WCO with a lot of crossing patterns and Terrell Owens had proved the value of a bigger thicker stronger WR in that system. Second, Rogers’ watered down/failed drug test was a red flag from the beginning.

2 Likes

For sure, great points. Forgot about the drug test thing…

But yeah, he was awesome at State, but I wonder how different their careers would’ve been had the Texans drafted Rogers and we drafted Johnson.

I think Johnson would’ve been fine wherever he went… but Rogers needed to get away from the state and his surroundings… even if he broke his collarbone in Houston maybe he would’ve stayed there to rehab? I dunno… but I really liked him and thought he was gonna be the next Jerry rice. He could’ve been too… he was so talented

2 Likes

My answer is a firm neither, but given the parameters of the question the only answer is Bijan. JSN plays the same position as ARSB for all intents and purposes. We need another outside guy.

7 Likes

Bijan.

For every reason that @FreebirdPartDeux wrote.

5 Likes

Here’s why I listed JSN as an option.
I think he’s a lot like ARSB, in a good way. He can get open in a box and only needs a few steps to get open. I feel like if we had ARSB, JSN, and Jamo, you’d have Jamo taking the top off the defense with two guys that can wreak havoc underneath.
Not to mention, RB’s have a window on their career, WR’s typically have a much bigger window.
Bijan is a special talent but is a RB worth taking in the first round anymore?
Would love to have either.

JSN is literally the same player as Amon-Ra. In fact, he’s more dependent on being in the slot than Amon-Ra is in my opinion.

He’s a really good football player, but we don’t need him.

Give me Bijan.

4 Likes

You don’t feel like JSN can play outside?

I don’t think his game is suited to be an outside WR, especially in the NFL. I feel like he wouldn’t be great against press coverage, he doesn’t have “elite” speed, and he’s not shown anything in regards to contested catches. He’s really good at route running and YAC. He’s a slot now and a slot in the NFL.

1 Like

JSN is a slot WR. Don’t see the fit.

Rashee Rice in round 2 please.

Yes RB all day. JSN for one has been injured all yr, and 2 with Jamo and ASB you have soeed on one side, ASB in the slot, and i like Chark and his 4.3 speed as the other outside WR. You can pull both S and really open up ASB as is. This based on if Chark gets healthy and can prove himself the last half of the yr.

Our offense is run based offense. You need the back to make people pay if they put to many in coverage, and be good enough to draw extra in the box to hit Jamo over the top. The greatest show on turf does not work if they didnt have Faulk, he was the linchpin for the offense. We hoped Swift would be the guy, and he could be if not for injuries. Bijan would be great iin that role, especially if Swift can stay healthy. Would make for a great rotation and stress the D no matter which one was in. IMO

4 Likes

Bijan is one of those rare big RBs who can run over people, get a ton of YACs and be a legit threat as a route running receiver

4 Likes