Bijan or Jaxon Smith-Njigba?

I’m hoping for a pair of defenders in the 1st rd.

My “ideal” draft would have us picking twice in the first & second rounds both this year and next. I’m hoping 2023 is a playoff year so once again 2024, our extra 1st round pick ends up being higher than our own pick.

1 Like

I’m almost always a defense guy. But trading away Hock and getting an extra second round pick makes me think Bijan would be a great pick with our later first. If we do invest in a great RB it gives us an opportunity for a ball control offense than may help the defense as much as any defender. 3 and outs for a gassed defense and having to get right back on the field is demoralizing

We have scored a lot of points this year and I’m happy with the overall production but we’re only 25th in TOP. And that may be part of the reason our defense (besides lack of overall talent) struggles.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be shocked if both of them went in the first…

That’s kind of crazy considering our defense creates very few punts.
Any idea what our avg. starting position is compared to other teams?

can’t find that one

I agree but it depends on how “late” our pick is. Right now we are looking at a mid teens pick. I think there are still quality defenders I would want on the board there. If we traded down and pick up a 2024 2nd rounder (after we possibly trade down with our top pick for a 2024 1st rounder), I would be more likely to consider taking Bijon.

2 Likes

3 day ban for sharing that IMO!

3 Likes

Yup
Also → I’ be perfectly fine taking Gibby with a later pick too

2 Likes

Bijan just fits this team and would complement Goff and this offense well.

8 Likes

I would go Bijan here. JSN could possibly play outside, but I think he best fit is in the slot. I feel like JSN is also a prospect that has really fell off the radar because of injury. Preseason he was a top 10-15 prospect. Seems like a lot of mocks now have him out of the first round.

Also, IMO Bijan is just what we need to really make our offense click. That and a RG.

According to Dane Brugler, some of his league contacts had him as a 3rd rounder before this season even started. I don’t think the league is as high on him as the media/fans.

If we sign Jamaal Williams to a decent sized contract, I doubt they take Bijon. They make go for value in the 3rd round or later.

The Tucker kid from Syracuse sounds like he might be a decent option.

Of all the mid-round guys I’ve watched so far I think I like Israel Abanikanda out of Pittsburgh the best.

He’s got that squatty build that used to be so popular back when Emmitt and Barry were around… Garrison Hurst, the Jones brothers, Tomlinson, Duce, Charlie Garner, Priest Holmes, etc… and yet somehow he’s still kind of a long strider. He’s got a really short torso I think, a big ol booty, and long legs on a short overall frame. It allows him to really kick it into gear when he hits the open field, he’s got quite a few long TDs where he outran the defense.

Tucker and Charbonnet are good options as well but I think they go a little higher (unless they test poorly). Tank Bigsby, Chase Brown and Zach Evans are all pretty intriguing as well.

2 Likes

How much better would our defense have been if we had taken ware over Williams and David Harris over drew Stanton?

2 Likes

Is he from Wakanda?

Golden Globes Wakanda Forever GIF by Variety

1 Like

Close! Brooklyn.

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder why he is mocking him, based on what teams would do, to the Vikings in the 1st round then.

Personally, I think JSN must be pretty darn good to keep Jamo on the bench. I took it with a grain of salt last year when one of the networks interviewed Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave at the same time and asked them who was the best Ohio State WR. They both said JSN. Now, that is with a grain of salt because most likely they didn’t want to put each other down and JSN was underclassman. But I’ve read from people in the know at OSU that JSN is phenomenal. Hard for me to wrap my brain around because he doesn’t have dominant WR traits like blazing speed or size. He seemingly does it with great hands, great routes and good footwork and instincts. He just gets open and he can finish a catch. I would hate to see Minnesota get him TBH. Such a perfect replacement for AT.

His build and running stride remind me of a young Frank Gore.

I know that is VERY lofty from a production standpoint… but
more just a comparison of how they look while running… not a prediction of his success.

3 Likes

Those were great looking uniforms, but, those guys soiled them forever.

So much better Matt Millen might still have a job!