Bijan or Jaxon Smith-Njigba?

They might have well said “Royalties Forever”

1 Like

That may be the worst thing you’ve ever said on this board! Where’s that ban button? Lol

2 Likes

Yeah Gore is another one. I think I subconsciously like that build for a RB from watching Barry, but there’s been lots of guys thrive with it.

1 Like

I’m sure plenty of his contacts like him too, I believed the way he phrased it was that he was hearing from some of them that JSN had a 3rd round grade before the season. Not all of them, but enough that he mentioned it.

I think JSN is a good player and has a chance to thrive in the league, but I also understand why he might not be rated as highly. As you said he doesn’t have a lot of stand out traits and despite production, those guys fall all the time. It’s not too dissimilar from ARSB, who also had lots of college production.

Also the Ohio State staff chose Haskins over Burrow (different coach, but much of the staff was the same), it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they look foolish for choosing all those other guys over Jamo. Though honestly all of those guys could end up being great, so maybe it was just one of those good problems to have.

1 Like

I keep hearing people talk about how much Jamaal might get in his new contract. Understand that a “decent sized contract” for a RB is like rotational DT money…on a prove it deal. If we doubled his current salary he would be close to the top 10 in top paid RBs in the league but tied for 38th highest paid DT. He’d be tied with the 27th highest paid safety and the 22nd highest paid tight end. The WR list is so long that by the time you get to Jamaal making close to top 10 RB money…he’d be tied with a 5’-9" receiver for the Jets named Braxton Berrios.

2 Likes

They overpaid that guy like crazy. Especially so after adding Wilson in the draft. Never made any sense.

Hahaha. Well, with Ware and Harris our defense wouldn’t have been so abysmal all those years. Might’ve even passed for a competent football team!

Then again, he did hire and fire the coaches.

Yeah you’re right, forgive my words I don’t know what I was thinking… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

…or Gibby in the 2nd. :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alllzzz I know is…if we go RB high, it’s gonna be a hot mess for opposing DCs and give us a ton of versatility in terms of angles to attack from.

You are not safe against the Lions…odn’t care who you are!

The point is not about a particular guy being “overpaid.” Receivers in general seem “overpaid” when they hit their new contracts. The points is that even if we gave Jamaal Williams close to top 10 RB money…it pales in comparison to other positions. Jamal Agnew’s salary would be in the top 20 highest paid RBs in the league. Its not something to worry about.

how about these three?
Moore, Perriman, Morton
EDIT: Thanks Snags and Phunny: Morton(87), Crowell (82) and Moore (84).

4 Likes

Is that really Perriman?

Yeah, that’s not Perriman. It’s either Crowell or Willie Green I’d guess. I just don’t remember which one would have played when Morton was here.

1 Like

It’s Crowell… #82
Willie Green wore #86

4 Likes

Obviously this is not the most inspiring pro comp but Izzy reminds me of Tim Biakabutuka. Just the upright style, the acceleration, the build, the gait …

I do like Izzy. Especially in our scheme. If all hats are accounted for he can absolutely take it to the house. Don’t see a guy that makes something out of nothing very often in the NFL though. That can be okay of course depending on expectations and need.

Does DeWayne McBride count as mid rounds? That would be my pick but he’s probably day 2 presuming a good (don’t think it needs yo be amazing) workout.

Yeah I have him as a day 3 guy right now or I would have mentioned him too. I’m still digging into some of the later guys but he’s definitely near the top. Of course the pre-draft process could push him up, but his position keeps him down.

Ooops, how could I mess that up - Crowell, yes.

Yes, Crowell was #82, sorry.

I had to look it up for the sake of best trio’s ever:
Moore: 1991-2000
Perriman: 1991-96
Green: 1991-93
Morton: 1994-2001
Crowell: 1998-2002

1990’s were truly the golden age of Lions WR’s.
1995 was the peak with Moore 1686 yards, Perriman 1488, and a young Johnny Morton 590.
I’d have to say that was our greatest trio ever - Moore, Perriman and Morton (94-96), although Moore, Crowell and Morton (98-00) have to be at least a close second. Moore, Perriman and Green next. Then maybe Golladay, Tate and Jones?
How did we not win more in the 90’s?

Day 2 or day 3 for McBride?

I’d think we’d need to use our round 3 pick. Don’t think he makes it to the 5th.

My ideal scenario is to get one of Carter, Young or Anderson with the Rams picks and trade back with our other first. We could likely do so and still get a high end CB prospect. Even adding a 4th and a 5th would help on a small move back would help. I think the board underrates that we still lack quality depth on offense in addition to the more talked about defensive flaws. Given Brad’s mid round proficiency I’d like more shots on goal. But seems everyone is looking to trade down now so easier said then done.

I see him going in the 4th or 5th personally, it’s like… I really liked Dameon Pierce and Khalil Herbert the past couple of years too and those guys went later than we thought. It’s very difficult for RBs to rise unless they surprise with testing (like AJ Dillon), and I’m not sure McBride is that sort of guy.

I agree on your ideal scenario, that’s mine too. I do that exact trade all the time on the PFN simulator. It’s just trading down is so unlikely I never really get my hopes up for it.

McBride’s style is kind of unique. Reminds me quite a bit of Shaun Alexander aesthetically.

Personally I think you’ll see a shift in teams prioritizing RB to at least some extent. I guess that depends on how durable organizations believe the two high shell trend to be.

1 Like