Bijan Robinson is just killing it

29 yards in the first half, they finally figured out if they want to win they need to be feeding him 2 out of 3 plays. 116 yards in the second half and he’s making a lot on his own. Over 8 minutes left, he isn’t done.

1 Like

If he wasn’t going 1st round I’d want him, but spending a 1st round pick on a RB doesn’t make sense for really any team, let alone us.

6 Likes

Playing devil’s advocate, I’d say that we’re one of the few teams that might be able to justify it.

The idea of a complete bell cow with this line, Sun God, and Jamo over the top is really interesting.

It’s not the classic moneyball play, but it might be the “new” version of going against the grain and finding value that’s been discounted too much.

I’m not advocating for this, just laying out the framework for it being possibly justified.

9 Likes

What if somehow he slides into the 2nd!? Walker made it to #41 last year. Sounds crazy but teams really don’t seem to value these RB’s much anymore.

4 Likes

In the 2nd, I’m all over him.

2 Likes

He’s also a way better prospect than Walker was because of his ability to make people miss in space.

If he’s there in the 2nd I’d take him, but someone else would’ve had that idea first.

6 Likes

Yea doubt he makes it that far, plus our 2nd rounder isn’t even going to be that high because the Lions are going to win 3 or 4 more games!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

I see what you’re talking about, but this team needs a great corner in the worst way, and we aren’t likely getting that with the Rams pick because we’re hopefully picking Jalen Carter or Will Anderson there.

There is good CB depth in this draft and I do trust Brad Holmes, but I think we’re going corner with our own pick in the first out of pure necessity.

4 Likes

i think i like his running mate, Roschon Johnson, at least as much.

Bijan is almost like having an extra WR on the field.

He might be in the Tomlinson or Kamara ballpark with his receiving ability…. which is what separates him from most good sized RBs.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the Bijan bandwagon since last year. Dude plays at a different speed than anyone out there

2 Likes

Wow - they are talking right now that Bijan makes 2M/year NIL. Texas may offer him alot more to stay. Crazy.

2 Likes

Shit, and just imagine the unreported money being transferred into his account every week, haha

Good for the college kids though, shit they make the schools hundreds of millions and millions, they deserve some!

6 Likes

I look at the Lions and I’d say it makes it easy to justify hiring the smartest GM in the NFL. Love that dude.
Go get that shit, Brad.

One more draft like that, and I’d be looking to extend him and make him the highest paid GM in the league…as well as ask him what he needs moving forward to improve.
How can we improve scouting, make your life easier, etc?

What makes you happiest to stay in Detroit?

5 Likes

Taking a pay cut to go pro.

7 Likes

Never thought of it like that but it might not be far off… for example…

“D’Andre Swift signed a 4 year, $8,538,914 contract with the Detroit Lions, including a $3,770,120 signing bonus, $6,154,517 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,134,729”

Swift was a high 2nd rounder.

This kid from Texas has a 2 mill NIL and it’s a shorter season in college.

4 Likes

I think Robinson will go top 15 in the draft. Better to take that guaranteed first round money

2 Likes

Do you like the honey-mustard guy better than Gibby?

3 Likes

Really funny you said that I just saw this

https://twitter.com/on3nil/status/1596250694490603520?s=46&t=L44fhawZ38aZ0xUFpyP4dA

4 Likes

Wow