Bijon Robinson - change one thing, change everything

We don’t have a round 4

1 Like

Bijon feels like a luxury pick on paper… but sometimes creating a strength that propels your team above its competitors isn’t a luxury at all. After all, the ultimate goal is to create advantages that can win you games. It’s not to build the most evenly constructed team possible. It’s clear Dan Campbell wants to have an offense that runs the ball, is physical with ball control, and that creates down the field shots with Jamo. Adding a workhorse like Bijon who can level up the ground game as a whole may just provide Dan with his preferred style of football. If that’s why they go get Bijon with their 1st rounder I can respect that.

It’s also potentially an avenue to improve QB play. Goff has proven that with a prime Gurley like elite RB, and talented wide receivers, he can get you to the playoffs. Feels like adding Bijon and investing the rest into getting the defense as good as possible could be a path to getting this team into legit playoff contention.

9 Likes

The Office Thats GIF

4 Likes

Word! I’d be all in on grabbing this dude with our 1B.

Lions 2023 NFL Draft picks

• First round: Lions own pick
  • First round: Rams pick
  • Second round: Lions own pick
  • Second round: Vikings pick
  • Third round: Lions own pick
  • Fifth round: Lions own pick
  • Sixth round: Lions own pick
  • Sixth round: Broncos pick
1 Like

A dynamic RB can really make this offense churn. I’d hate to play the safety positions with the different ways we would be able to attack. I’d be all in on Bijon with 1b.

1 Like

He’d be our Gurley-man?!?

teasing-kidding

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve ever been this undecided about a potential game changer. Last years draft saw 2 very good RB’s taken in the 2nd round, Breece Hall and Kenneth Walker III. Hall scored 6 TD’s in 7 games, including his last game vs Denver when he tore his ACL. Only 4 carries, he had 72 yards and a TD, a TD that was the difference in a 16-9 win for the Jets. Walker has been effective in a Jamaal Williams sense, 9 TD’s rushing, 0 TD’s receiving. Neither are actual threats in the passing game. Williams has 9 receptions for 57 yards and Walker has 19 receptions for 116 yards.

So, with that in mind I would still like to upgrade the position BUT I think you need to retain Williams. I am also looking a lot harder at Zach Charbonnet. VS the 4 ranked teams he competed against, Washington was the low at 15 and USC was the high at 7, he averaged over 6.8 ypc, in his games vs 4 ranked teams Bijan averaged 5 ypc. Zach has 37 receptions for 321 yards receiving this year, Bijan has 19 receptions for 314 yards.

I guess my point is that I could make a case for either player, and I believe that the combine will actually bring these two closer. Bijan might not break 4.65, and Zack is likely to be under 4.5, and consider that the top 2 RB’s from last year both broke 4.40. It matters. I’m in wait and see mode at this point because I really do believe that adding the right piece here could totally be a game changer for our O, I’m just not sure on where to hang my hat.

4 Likes

Looks like a bigger/tougher version of Swift. Excellent runner and receiver

1 Like

You think Bijan runs a 4.65?

Do you have an official timing that says different? That might be fast or it could be slow.

“But, there are maybe some areas to watch out for that may be picked up as we head closer to the 2023 NFL Draft. The first is, to watch out for his athletic testing. Over his career, he has run some slow 40-yard dash times, around 4.77s.Sep 23, 2022”

Like him, but it doesn’t change the value of a RB and you can get 9/10ths of Robinson in the 2nd round. Like TE, in today’s game you won’t get the value out of a 1st round RB and honestly our problem isn’t points (and our 12OA hasn’t even been a part of it yet), or the ability to run the ball. It’s keeping other teams from putting up 30. Draft like it.

4 Likes

Maybe I am wrong, but he doesn’t look blazing fast. Neither was Barry. But he does loom sudden, balanced, and certainly agile. In this offense I would rather have a guy that can make 1-2 guys miss while heading northward than a tiny dancer.

1 Like

I see Arian Foster. I actually think that’s the best NFL comparison for him.

Baring injury he will be a heck of a player.

5 Likes

NICE!

1 Like

This is what I see too.
I truly get both sides of the argument.
I’m more often than not gonna be the guy who wants to “go big or go home.”
I say → GO FOR IT!
I should put this disclaimer out there as well…I reeeeaaaally wanted Javonte Williams and viewed him as indestructible…until he wasn’t.

I still want this guy, but I will admit, I would be pretty happy with getting Sproles (Gibby in the 2n round too). Different weapon…more like Swift, but hopefully healthier and having more natural warrior energy.

Let me preface this by stating the obvious - I AM NOT A SCOUT

However - He does not seem to have breakaway speed. He also does not seem to have particularly good power for a 220lb back. Dominating at the college level vs. dominating at the pro level is completely different. What skills and physical traits does he have that will make him a mis-match nightmare? I am not saying he won’t be a good pro, but to me unless he is Barry Sanders special then we don’t need a RB in the first round. Jamo too me was worth the risk because he has speed that creates a unique problem for defenses. Not sure this guy will be a nightmare for defenses. Unless he is then I would pass.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s a burner but 4.65 would surprise me and push him into day 2. I think he’ll run 4.5ish.

2 Likes

If it’s speed we’re after then go get Devin Achane with his personal best 10.14 100m dash

2 Likes

The only way I see this happening is if they decide Goff is the long term solution and take a defensive player with their first pick.

Unlike Swift, this guy knows how to utilize has blockers to maximum effect.

2 Likes