Bijon Robinson - change one thing, change everything

Honestly looks like a pro already. That dude would be ready to go week 1. Stud. Very impressed.

2 Likes

Unless you can see the potential for a HOF career, no RBs, TEs or OGs in the 1st round. Heā€™s talented for sure, but youā€™ll get 90% of his production in the 3rd round.

3 Likes

Even if you get 90% of the production do you get 90% of the effect? I mean if heā€™s a star than teams have to gameplan around him to a much greater extent then that third rounder.

3 Likes

You could also argue that if your going to invest heavily into the OL, finish it with a top flight RB. I understand the argument your making, so why not spend the money and sign Saquon Barkley? His market value is estimated at 14-15M/year or 30% less than the highest paid CB.

I like BR and see the what he would add to this team, but I also believe in positional value and see the propensity for RBs to get injured shortening their career.

2 Likes

At what cost? If Barkley is getting 12-13m per then no thx. In general Iā€™m giving a star RB a second contract. Iā€™d view Bijan as a 5 year investment. And as Iā€™ve said Iā€™m not wed to the idea. I really like quite a few RBs.

3 Likes

Gurley ran a 4.52. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Dijon runs around that. Heā€™s also true dual threat Per PFF, he lines up in the slot or out wide on 13.5-percent of passing plays (76th-percentile) and sees an average depth of target of 0.7 yards (64th-percentile). Heā€™s being asked to run actual routes. And has a Robinsonā€™s 85.4-percent catch rate for 86th-percentile

After the catch his 12.1 YAC per reception is an 88th-percentile mark. 210 and above guys with a positive receiving profile are rate and include

Marshawn Lynch, Edgerrin James, Kareem Hunt, Sony Michel

1 Like

Edge is an interesting comp that I hadnā€™t thought of.

2 Likes

These guys have to read this board and get ideas from here.

1 Like

You know, some guys have speed that doesnā€™t show up until theyā€™re on the field.

1 Like

I agre with everything you say, bro ( @valionfan1 )

Only thing I see differentlyā€¦we will likely NEVER see a Barry level special.
I think this dude is sneaky enough to make a difference.
I think he has enough power to get tough yards behind our line.
I think he catches passes and blocks well enough to give us access to our entire playbook (Not be predictable)
I think he is a multi-trick pony.
Barry was a one trick pony, but his trick was SOOOOOOO good that it was quite literally unbelievable. You literally could not envision a way that a human could get out of that situationā€¦and he come busting out of the side (thatā€™s what she said).

I think heā€™s different and unique. I canā€™t really see a pro that is a good comp for him.
I just wanna upgrade the RB room with an additional home run hitter.
Also ā†’ I think Jackson is improving nicely!
Iā€™d be super-cool with Gibby too.

1 Like

Love his route running and pass receiving chops. He also seems smooth to me. But these were highlights and it seemed he went down really easy - not like a typical 220LB back. It would be nice to have a solid all around RB that did not live in the ice bath. I am just not convinced watching hand picked highlights of this guy that he will need to be game planned for. I may completely wrong, he could be a complete game changer. But I hate to pass on a premium defensive player unless we were absolutely certain thats who he is.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m glad we have Brad. Love listening to your opinion. Love having my own opinionā€¦Even moreā€¦I love that we have some GD professionals in the front offices for a change. Bradā€™ll blow the lid off of the next 2 drafts. Weā€™ll be very SF 49erz-ish after this draft.
Great DL.
Great OL
Run game.
Scattered game changing talent at different positions.
Comparable QB, in terms of effectiveness. (edge to Goff, as he has the higher ceiling)

2 Likes

Iā€™m going with Zach Moss and another former Longhorn Ricky Williams. They seem to take real quick small steps in traffic, but have great vision to make moves through the line to slip through contact. Bijonā€™s movement reminds me of those guys.

3 Likes

The film is distinctively different. The actual filmā€¦not the highlights. Bijon is potentially a Todd Gurley/Zeke Elliott type game changer. The kind of back that simplifies pass rush schemes and coverages. Zach is Jordan Howard. Yeah, he will get you 1,200 yards and 9 TDs. That feels good. But just like Jamaal Williams, he doesnā€™t change anything. He just goes out each week and takes whatever happens to be on the bone. If Bijon is the real dealā€¦he doesnā€™t just eat whatā€™s on the bone. He changes the entire menu.

2 Likes

Easy comparison because of the school, but he reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams.

He went to High School where I am from. So I root for him for that reason too. Not too many athletes come out of Tucson

1 Like

I have seen the same thing and its the ONLY reason why I was willing to start this thread.

This describes what many people miss when they evaluate a college RB. How does the guy manuever in a phone booth? NFL backs will spend most of their carries in a phone booth. So when you see a back look awesome in his highlight reel with tons of open space to work with, thatā€™s not how most NFL football goes down. Its important to dive down into the actual film and see a guy manuever around multiple defenders in a short area. Bijon passes the test. He is more than ā€œableā€ to manuever in a short area. He is explosive in it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that PFF has him number one in D1 in forced missed tackle rate.

Been awesome recently

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how a DC gameplans to stop Jameson Williams, Amon-Ra St. Brown, and Bijan Robinson behind that O line all at the same time. Iā€™m starting to really like this idea.

If you have one good corner that can maybe run with Jameson, we shred you underneath. If you also happen to have a Fred Warner level guy to cover St. Brown underneath, we pound you running the ball and create mismatches with Bijan in the pass game.

Then you have to deal with trying to block Aidan Hutchinson and Will Anderson on the other side of the ball?

Game over.

3 Likes

Fix the secondary with free agency and a young CB and weā€™d be cooking. Though Jared would still light the kitchen on fire from time to time.

1 Like

You guys are doing one hell of a job convincing me, thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes