Bijon Robinson - change one thing, change everything

This is how I look at it, and I surely could be dead wrong……

Imagine Marcus Peters and Adrian Amos joining our current secondary….

Imagine Payne or Hargrove in addition to Jalen Carter at DT…. That would seem pretty fixed.

I’ve spent Big V, C Harris, and Brockers money on Payne, Peters and Amos….

On D we clearly need a LB… based on Big V- we need a RG…. We need a WR and a legit RB, and a backup QB

J Carter
B Robinson
Drew Sanders
Andrew Voorhees
AT Perry
KJ Jefferson
Hartman
J Moody

Goff/Jefferson/Hartman

Bijan/J Willliams/Swift

Jamo, Perry, ASB, Reynolds, Raymond, Kennedy

Decker, Jackson, Ragnow, Voorhees, Sewell

Phillips, Wright

Hutch/JO

Carter/Commish

Hargrave/McNeill

Paschal/J Houston

Rodrigo/Board

Drew Sanders/Barnes

Peters

Okudah

J Jacobs

Amos/Walker

K Joseph

Nobody said they were the same,in fact my comment was that the combine might bring them closer but never said I thought they were the same.I expect Bijon to go in the first, not sure where in the first but in the first. He probably goes in the second if like last year there were 2 guys with pretty similar games so if you wait you’re likely to get one of them. There are several RB’s that are likely to go in between Zach and Bijon, and IF Zach is Jordan Howard then life will be good because Howard made the all rookie team AND the pro bowl in his first season.

" Howard was graded a 6.1 on NFL.com and had the third-highest running back rating with only Derrick Henry at 6.15, and Ezekiel Elliott at 7.09 having higher ratings than him."

1 Like

Do you see a noticeable difference between Todd Gurley and Jordan Howard?

I do agree with this. Very impressive.

2 Likes

Yes, one went to a good team and one went to a shitty team.

I am not sure who it will be but we need to draft a RB in the 1st 3 rounds. A good RB will be a game changer on offense and defense because ideally we would control time of possession.

2 Likes

I’m not advocating this…

Let’s pretend

J Carter
B Robinson
Rashee Rice
Andrew Voorhees
Bo Nix
Jayden Reed
Hartman
J Moody

So if it is math….

Goff, Swift, Decker, Jackson, Ragnow, Sternberg, Sewell, Phillips, Jamo, ASB, Reynolds, Cabinda, Raymond, Cephus… B Robinson, Rice, Voorhees, Nix, Reed, Hartman….that’s 20- I’d sign J will and E Brown for sure, likely Nelson, Kennedy, and Wright…. So that 25 offensive players with almost no money allocated

Goff/Nix/Hartman

Robinson/Swift/J Will/Cabinda

Jamo/Rice/ASB/Reynolds/Raymond/Cephus/Kennedy

Decker/Jackson/Ragnow/Voorhees/Sewell/E Brown/Nelson/sternberg

Phillips/Wright

Seems like a tough group to stop? With some QB upside…

Hutch/JO
McNeill/Buggs
j Carter/J Hargrave
Paschal/Commish/J Houston

Rodrigo/Board
Barnes/K White

Okudah/Jacobs/Peters/Lucas/W Harris/Hughes
Walker/Elliott/Amos/Joseph

That’s 23….

1 Like

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t invest a lot more into the secondary.

1 Like

No chance he doesn’t get doubled. There is no corner gonna run with him. At a bare minimum, a safety cheating his way.

Much more likely that someone could cover Ra, buuuuut…Ra is like Chauncey Billups…strong, smart, unpredictable, composed, an sneaky…that’s a lot of pressure to deal with over time. Pressure and time will cause you to crack. Ra is a stuuuud!

Ra will beat you if you make a tiny mistake, and it’s a lot of mental pressure…
…and JaMoss is indefensible with one player. Must be doubled.

If we have a solid run game (HIGHLY likely), this is a DC’s nightmare!

If I were an opposing coach in the NFCN, I’d be doing my best to build a DL that could get immediate heat…cuz if you don’t…BOOOOM!

We’re gonna invest in teh secondary by drafting pass rushers that cut the time the DBs need to work in half (literally)

2 Likes

In todays NFL I just can’t see any justification of taking a RB before the 3rd rd. Between injuries, longevity and contract demands along with quick fall offs of most RBs in the league…even top talent such as Gurley, Elliot, McCaffery, and even Barkley prior to this year. The NFL rules favor the passing game. Not saying a running game is not important, far from it. But resources should be allocated based on positional value. Had this same argument when we went after Hockenson. Not a terrible player, but based on his draft position was a terrible pick. RBs in todays game have very little long term value because of so many variables.

Remember those old Broncos teams. Elway could never get to the dance until he got Terell Davis. Super Bowl MVP, NFL MVP. HOF Second biggest draft steal of all time

Actually, don’t want to be that guy, but…

Sauce Gardner did kind of lock him up in the Cotton Bowl last year.

Now they were probably also bracketing him and playing a cover 4 shell, in which case I’m not surprised he wasn’t productive, but when we play the Jets in 3 weeks, Sauce has the edge from college. I’ll be very interested to see round 2 of that matchup.

1 Like

If teams run a cover 4 shell against us, our new RB is gonna slam it up their ass to the tune of 7 npc

I’m referencing one CB covering him.

1 Like

No, I know, and when he played Sauce Gardner in the Cotton Bowl last year he was actually pretty ineffective. I don’t remember what kind of defense Cincinnati was playing so that was just a guess on my part, but I remember a couple of times where Sauce was manned up with him and Jamo couldn’t get open underneath. I didn’t see Jamo get thrown a go route so I don’t know how that would have gone.

1 Like

Yep, Jamaal Charles was another one. Shady McCoy. Guys that just seem to feel their way through the trash without being in a massive hurry until that crack happens, then boom off he goes and giving pursuing off ball defenders terrible angles because you just took off after tip toeing through the LOS.

Here are the cutups.

2 Likes

Looks like a guy I’m excited to add to the roster. Lots of situational stuff happens in all games. you can see the hands and the speed. Couple of nice tackles made on him when he had to come back to the ball.

They didn’t target him much.
Looks like a “bad game” for him…but certainly a very effective player and you can see how he’s impacting the game a lot when he doesn’t touch the ball.

Some plays looked to be single coverage, for sure. Sure am looking forward to rolling our shiny new toy out!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.