Blake Cashman: It's promising to see how J.J. McCarthy can zip a ball into

For those who watched a lot of McCarthy at Michigan, did he show that kind of arm strength or throwing ability? I don’t recall seeing that much.

3 Likes

He absolutely did. I’ve said many times, the Kid has all the arm talent in the world. He is very athletic too.

If he removes himself from making poor decisions, and doesn’t try to use that big arm to force throws into places he shouldn’t…watch out.

3 Likes

Kid has an arm. The zip he could put on the ball is above average NFL

I really didn’t want the Vikings to draft him

2 Likes

Late over the middle and poor touch on deep routes was always a thing. I dont recall him ever underthrowing a wr though and he can learn touch.

The decision making is more what i question at this stage than the physical capabilities.

2 Likes

Literally listening right now to the Sirius XM saying JJ had a rough, rough minicamp…

2 Likes

I would have been more than happy for him to be out of the division so I could root for him.

I think he will be a better QB than Caleb Williams in the long run and I think Chicago made a HUGE mistake. Had I been in charge of their draft I would have traded down to 2 or 3, taken Harrison and then McCarthy (a kid that grew up in Chicago) at 9.

They would have another high pick next season and gotten the better WR and better QB IMO.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Arm strength was never an issue for JJ.

1 Like

100% he did. He made some wow plays. He just wasnt asked to play hero ball much. Be he did very well when called to do so.

It is JJ’s high IQ and EQ along with his cool as ice demeanor that will eventually make him a great NFL qb.

1 Like

lips-lipstick-on

3 Likes

Michigan fans

Hot Dog Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

2 Likes

Dang, almost forgot that I predicted JJ to be one the top QB’s to be drafted this year. One of the rare times that I’m right about anything…and then I forget, sounds about right.

1 Like

He hasn’t even played a down in the nfl. But that doesn’t mean he wont be good. Does help having the best wr in the game, it also helped cousins numbers looking real good

You should change your handle to “I HATE MICHIGAN AND IT CONTROLS MY LIFE”

5 Likes

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

2 Likes

d8ba05bf-0a2e-44f0-b550-bdf1eed16b07_text

2 Likes

It was kinda pathetic actually.

1 Like

JJ can throw ball hard
JJ can run fast
JJ can hand ball off
JJ can manage a game
JJ is a good nut
JJ can win games for a team with best running game and defense in a league

What I have not seen is great accuracy. Or an ability to throw guys open or be on time and dissect a defense.

It is way too early to have any positive or negative opinion of where he ends up.

But for anyone to act like he is a lock to be good is comical to me. He was a reach to be drafted so early. He has some project about him due to his lack of throwing it much in college.

I did not feel like any of this years QBs drafted had can’t miss vibes. Although I love me some Penix.

1 Like

I have seen that out of JJ

1 Like

JJ is in deep shit → Got drafted by the wrong team.