Blake Corum

Out for the year. That sucks for him. I hope it doesn’t hurt his draft stock

1 Like

Wow no way… didn’t see anything yet, is he having surgery?

They seemed to work without him against OSU but they have 2 potentially 3 more games to play without him, that’s gonna hurt. I liked watching him he’s a good RB

1 Like

I wonder if this is one of those business decisions?
I’m injured, could possibly play but and im going to protect my future.
Nothing wrong with that if that’s his decision.

4 Likes

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks. I have complete confidence in Edwards, but don’t feel the depth behind him is ready to pick up the load yet.

2 Likes

He’s having surgery

1 Like

I don’t think it is… if it was he wouldn’t have tried playing against OSU. The couple runs he had, I remember one in particular where he tried to cut and he came right off the field afterwards, kid was in pain.

It might be a business decision in the sense that he has to have surgery anyway but it also might be a case where without it, how effective would he be playing the way he feels now?

3 Likes

I know there’s some injuries where you have to have surgery eventually but can play through them… I have no clue what he has, if it’s a knee, ACL/MCL/PCL thing or what.

But yeah, you could tell he couldn’t do what he wanted to do.

2 Likes

@Phunnypharm called this when it happened…he said Corum likely will need surgery. Pretty sure it was the Illinois game, right before halftime.

I sure hoped he was wrong. Feel for the kid… this will seriously impact his draft status and Michigan in the postseason.

Injured - so he’s a Detroit Lion for sure.

7 Likes

Holmes will grab hi in the 5th round…and he won’t play much next year…and the year after that …he’s SHOWTIME!!!

4 Likes

Definitely sucks for Blake… but if he lands on the Lions in the 5th round… could make for a great story to root for when he gets healthy!!!

4 Likes

I’d take Corum in round 5 or 6 for sure!! Get a stud potentially, low risk.

2 Likes

Did they disclose what his injury is?

Where are we seeing that he’s out for the year?
I’m not finding anything.

Ok, found it now.

2 Likes

I would assume he’s out for the year? What I’ve read makes it sound like they aren’t sure yet, but if he’s having surgery I doubt Michigan will clear him to play in the next month. Michigan rarely goes into details about injuries so we won’t know exactly what happened to Corum’s knee unless he wants to talk about it.

2 Likes

Do we know what he injured in his knee? Early reports ruled out an ACL.

1 Like

Horrible news. But was he really missed in Ohio ?

my guess is that he has a meniscus injury.
If the ACL is intact… surgery typically isn’t needed for MCL, LCL, or PCL injuries.
If it was a torn tendon requiring surgery… he wouldn’t have even dressed against OSU.

2 Likes

I am going to guess that whatever he’s got, its the kind you described. He could play thru it but its better for the kid to just get surgery and move on to the next phase of his life.

I can’t find anything on the specifics, but that isn’t unusual for college kids. We will know exactly wha it is by the time he goes thru the pre-draft process. If he tries to tuff it out and contribute for the teams title run, it puts him in a different position going thru the predraft process and into his first NFL season. He needs to put himself into a position to be able to work out for teams…no matter how late in the process it is. If they can’t see him moving around before the draft, it negatively impacts his draft status because of the uncertainty.

3 Likes

Or he can come back