Bob Quinn looking to work fewer hours

Another slap in the face to the fan base.

Conversation

Dave Birkett
@davebirkett

Bob Quinn with some interesting thoughts on his post-draft news conference. Said the virtual draft has made him think about having a better spring work/life balance, maybe tone down the hours and work smarter rather than longer, do more virtual

That shouldn’t be a problem after he gets fired.

7 Likes

Iggy, you are just a bitter person. Go find another team.

6 Likes

Nah. I just think it’s an interesting quote. The only other GM I’ve heard something similar from is Matt Millen.

1 Like

That’s what I thought of too. Working from his farm in Pennsylvania and not making it into the office quite often, because you know, he is Matt Millen damn it.

“Brian Calhoun”!!!

2 Likes

Between FAT Coaches and GM’s wanting to spend more time with their family …it just gets old after awhile.

People come to this board to read and talk about the Lions football team. There’s an old saying, “one rotten potato spoils the whole bag.”

2 Likes

Agreed it does get old after awhile. Between our HC being late for meetings, chasing our most talented players out of town, Quinn always shooting his mouth off, and now Quinn saying he wants to work less after a 3 win season.

How can anyone back this regime? How can anyone back this GM after hearing a quote like that? Give me a break. If you don’t like the content don’t respond. It’s that simple. This quote is alarming.

1 Like

Look, honestly the theme of this weekend for some has been negativity. There is nothing wrong with what he said unless you are looking for something to complain about and make bigger something then it really is.

4 Likes

He wants to “tone down the hours”. You’re right. Nothing wrong with that. Work less… always good for an NFL GM.

1 Like

This is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT! I love the Lions WIN or LOSE! This is my team. I’m in it for the long haul good or bad.

I don’t let a sports franchise upset me. It’s crazy to me that people can get so angry over a sports team.

“If you don’t like the comment then don’t respond”…well, why don’t you follow your own advice Iggy? If you don’t like this regime so much then don’t be a fan. Don’t root for the Lions. Come back and be a fan when you’re happy with the team. It might be a while…but we’ll welcome you back with open arms when the team starts winning.

2 Likes

Why does it bother you so much who I cheer for? How does it affect you how negative someone is towards the worst organization in pro sports? Again buddy… the ignore feature works. Save yourself the hassle and type my name in.

1 Like

Look bro, been really trying to be objective see a lot of the good points your making over the last few weeks. This really isn’t something to get annoyed over. This also isn’t an indication that people who have no issue with this are okay w mediocre. I run productivity Evaluations on my employees and myself on a regular basis to make sure we are being effective. The goal is to work smarter rather then harder. When you put in 80-90 hours a week it’s normal to try and see if you can find a way to maximize your production and not burn out in the process. This isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

Iggy has the right to voice his opinion. Just like any poster on here. For a guy who is in a win now or else situation kind of foolish to say he needs time off.Oh thats right hes made his money from the Ford’s.

3 Likes

In June, he canceled the final two days of the Patriots’ offseason program, then immediately went on vacation. Chill Belichick visited the beaches of Normandy, and spent the rest of his summer on Nantucket, as always.

No days off? It’s a catchy T-shirt slogan, but Belichick is still going strong specifically because he does take days off, and doesn’t let himself burn out.

And Belichick doesn’t have to grind away until the wee hours of the morning anymore, because he has assembled a talented staff that has had impressive continuity and knows exactly what is expected of it. Like any good manager, Belichick puts people in places that he trusts, and delegates a lot of the work.

2 Likes

Belichick goes on a handful of college visits, but he’s not doing the nitty-gritty predraft prep. During the 2017 draft, while Caserio was addressing reporters about the team’s Day 3 picks, Belichick was in the stands at a University of Maryland lacrosse game.

ade

Where you going Iggy? We got more hard working coaches and GM’s to discuss.

So @LineBusy posted a thread with the whole interview and not just 1 singular quote taken out of context. It’s worth listening to…

Some good perspective from Quinn.

This guy wants the Lions to be champions as much as any fan here.

1 Like

If you guys don’t know, Matt Millen was mostly working from home in Pennsylvania and he flew to game on Sundays . That guy really cheated the lions orginazation doing nothing

1 Like

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed

Michael Jordan

2 Likes

He already did - the Cowboys (last year’s SB winners) :wink: