Bob Quinn looking to work fewer hours

What on earth are you talking about?

For the record, I’m also looking to spend fewer hours at work and more time with my family.

Anyone here not looking for that?

Or, is this more of a “let’s keep walking uphill both ways” crowd?

1 Like

When the Lakers hired Magic Johnson as GM, he loved the title but didn’t want the responsibilities the job entitled i.e. he didn’t want to be in the office. Some jobs require you to be on site. I know being a software developer. It sounds like Quinn would like to be a remote GM.

I’ve never really been about working a ton of hours. I’m on salary but luckily I still only have to put in 40 hours a week and now with covid I’m working at home and it’s been wonderful to work with my wife next to me. I used to work full time and had a business on the side, I would put in 70 hours a week. To me it’s not worth it, you only have one life and I have to separate work life from home life or life will just slip away and be full of regrets that I didn’t spend enough time with my family.

3 Likes

Bingo. Same page here!

ditto as well but nobody is forcing quinn to not be with his family. he can resign if he so choose

Not sure I follow, are you saying if Quinn wants to spend more time with his family he should quit?

1 Like

Translated → “No matter what Quinn does, feels, says, or thinks…Quinn is wrong.”
“p.s. The Lions have always sucked and always will”

2 Likes

Quinn might just get his wish.

Exactly! If you are not satisfied with the parameters surrounding your job then you would

1. quit (find a new job that allows you to work from home)
  2. start your own business like others have done and be your own boss, right?

Option 3 - outsource more
Option 4 - find ways of becoming more efficient
Option 5 - get more competent help, etc.

Naaahhh…that wouldn’t fit the narrative.

2 Likes

Based on what the Lions are paying Quinn? I wouldn’t think so in this case…however i could be wrong

1 Like

Not sure where he said he wasn’t happy with the parameters. It sounded to me that with covid he realized that there could be other ways to do things to free up some of his time to spend with family as well as others in the organization, how is this a bad thing?

It feels like the Quinn haters are just trying to find anything negative against him to fit their narrative and it’s reaching IMO. Does it matter how many hours he works if people here feel he is not doing a good job?

2 Likes

There’s no hate…Everybody sees and interpret things differently. My take is due to the covid -19, he appreciates more being with his family. But, being GM for a NFL requires a lot of dedication. That’s why they make a lot of money. Everybody knows what you’re getting into and the responsibilities that come with it. Again, he can quit if he choose. The Lions could easy hire someone else

Again I’m not sure how you are spinning this? If I can find a way to be efficient at my job that involved less hours don’t you think that’s what should be done? I think Quinn is fully aware of what hours it takes as he has been GM for 5 years. If you think he is not doing a good job currently after working a ton of hours, why does it matter if he is working less hours with the same or close to equivalent efficiency?

I think you are looking into this a little too deeply. I’m only concerned with the product on the field, not how many hours he works during the week.

3 Likes

There is something called “flow” that happens when you just find a groove and are more productive with spending fewer hours. You’re fully engaged, the challenge matches your skills and time flies while you enjoy your work. You get more done in less time. Grinding it out works too, but the burnout can cost the quality of work.

2 Likes

Exactly! Honestly he could work one day a week as long as the Leos are winning on the field I could careless. But they haven’t won

2 Likes

Let’s hope winning starts this year, if not we’ll start over again

Horrible assessment on your part. That’s what I’m talking about.

https://lionstalk.com/t/d-andre-swift-weeps-tears-of-sorrow-when-drafted-by-lions/5069?u=qbhater90

1 Like

Look at his dad. Does anyone think Swift is going to show up in Detroit not prepared to max out his career?

The heaviness is this franchise is indeed palpable. We just need to jettison the negativity. Winning games will help. But the depressives that congregate here are really too much at times.

3 Likes