Boyle gets the start

That would be Matt Cassell who made millions!

1 Like

No…the bar is high! That’s why we ducked under it. Much easier.

Think About It GIF by DallasK

1 Like

The only bar i’m thinking of for sunday…lol

Puss In Boots Drinking GIF

Me this Sunday :point_down:

2 Likes

Why does that guy in the background have on a McNamara jersey?

And for anyone who wants to remember the details and laugh…

…35 year old Jeff Garcia broke his leg in the final game of the preseason. Mooch had him start the 6th game of the season. WTF? For perspective, guys have gotten more time to heal from hammy’s and high ankle sprains than that before seeing live bullets. And this dude was 35!

Mooch hated Joey so much for so long. I felt for the guy. Every post game after yet another hopeless loss he was required to say “Joey is my starter” as you watch the soul drip out of his body. He wanted to play McMahon so bad. Think about that. The guy probably went to sleep at night dreaming of playing Mike McMahon. He was a pretty young guy and we killed his desire to ever coach football again.

My biggest question is will Lynn be the primary play caller or Campbell?

Having Williams back will help a ton. Could be another heavy run plan.

Lynn had his best two games the 1st two games (2nd half 49ers and 1st half Packers). It’s been all down hill since. Now they have a few new QB options and Lynn may be successful this game.

There is a lot to be said about catching a defense off guard like DC did with the extra lineman and the steelers.

2 Likes

Mooch was the epitome of mediocre every where he went. Everywhere he fell upwards into a better position.

He was a .500 coach in his one season at Cal and then got hired by the 49ers?!!? when does that ever happen.

1 Like

I actually don’t think DC will be in the play calling process as he was last game simply
Do to the fact it Tim and not Goff

1 Like

We’ll see. I definitely agree that his getting involved was for Goff’s benefit, but he might decide to work out some of the wrinkles, even while Boyle is in there. Plus, if he didn’t do it this week and then did again next, that would be kinda awkward. So, I’m thinking he’ll do the same thing this week.

1 Like

My only thought on if he does this both weeks I’m a row but with two different QBs, the media is going jump right back in the “DC doesn’t trust the OC” train again

2 Likes

If DC does the play calling again this week, that would be a huge signal that he doesn’t have confidence in Lynn as OC

2 Likes

And… would simultaneously give me MORE confidence in DC. :wink:

3 Likes

And it shows confidence in Aaron Glenn. Because it would be DC saying he trusts AG so much with a bunch of UDFA’s that he’s going to put his time in on the other side of the ball.

2 Likes

Holy schniklies that’s depressing

He may prefer they write about he and Lynn than Goff. We’ll see.

Yeah this is going to be interesting to see… who calls the plays, what kind of plays they call, etc… I am hoping for the best but I’m just putting this out there now - I hope this doesn’t turn into a Ty detmer 7 INT situation. Because that would just be one heck of a kick in the throat even more… I just hope he plays decent. Doesn’t have to light the world on fire… but also throw further than 1 yard. I fully expect another run heavy attack, but if they can offset that with some good downfield passes… well we might just look like a forward thinking team from the 1960s!

It will be good to see what we actually have in Boyle. Tomorrow and probably Thanksgiving will clarify our QB picture for 2022 a little bit. 7 INTs would tell us a lot.

1 Like

Campbell would have a heart attack on the sideline if he threw 7 pics lol. I’d hope he’d put Fox under center before he got to pic no.5 only shot we got.

1 Like