Boyle gets the start

That’s what pride can do…make you do stupid shit. And it was the pride of a new head coach that was in over his head (Moronwig). He benched Charlie after 1 week and put in Detmer, who he helped orchestrate a trade for. When Detmer shit the bed, Moron left him in the game because pulling him would be admitting he made a mistake. Now let this sink in. Not only did Detmer stay in for a 7 INT game, he also started the next game.

1 Like

Ty Detmer was an interception machine. He threw 65 interceptions in his four years at BYU. As a junior in 1990, Detmer led the NCAA by throwing an incredible 28 picks. This was seven more than the second place guy on the list.

1 Like

Look, we caught the Steelers by surprise with Ground Chuck 2021.

I don’t expect it will happen again Cleveland, especially because they practice against it all week long with Chubb/Hunt etc

Thatsaid, it’s a solid strategy to minimize your exposure to bad QB play and shitpile WR talent…

I don’t think we beat Cleveland, but I think we beat the Bears, and one more team this season. Could be Green Bay resting Rogers, could be Seattle, could be Atlanta…doubtfully Minny or Viqueens, bit I think there are 2 Ws on that schedule

OMG, my heart is about to explode in disbelief. And people are worried about Boyle, lol

Yeah, that was to be repeated with Mooch bringing Moonball in and getting him 5 starts over Joey, who Mooch Absolutely Hated, as told many times by GRRtoLAXs inside story w the team one weekend

1 Like

Check this pick out… the video is pretty blurry, but I circled the ball flying way over the WR.
The safety catches the INT 5 yards deeper than the WR.
Notice that there is 2:10 left in 2nd quarter… and that was his 1st INT of the game.
He threw 7 picks in just over a half of football.

[That Time A QB Threw 7 Interceptions In One Game - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmApeveEHhE&t=25s)
Then Marty discussed the height of that throw…

Oh… wait… no… that was the “bar is high” speech!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

How does 12 tds vs 26 ints net you a shot in the league?!? I don’t understand.

1 Like

How does 65 int’s at BYU get you into the NFL?

1 Like

This is a really good feel good article! Go Boyle! Hoping for the best for him and not the worst!

I don’t think it can get much worse than Ty Detmer though… so we got that going for us… which is nice

Happy Bill Murray GIF

2 Likes

The bar is low.

3 Likes

Was Jared Lorenzen not available?

1 Like

haha that dude.

chris farley GIF

2 Likes

You will Sunday evening…

2 Likes

Let’s be honest now, Green Bay has been by all accounts (none I researched) talking about how amazing of a back up he was and how great he can be.

Now that might be because he’d be playing behind an OL that gets away with holding calls, but apparently he looked great in packers preseason (also not researched by me)!

So hell… all the best to him. Don’t come out and throw 7 INTs like Ty detmer and throw a completion beyond 5 yards and hey! Progress!!!

Seriously hoping for all the best from him but I do agree with @stephenboyd57 that we’ll see both him and Blough.

1 Like

want Boyle to have a good game and not look like a monkey f%%$ing a football out there, no injury, wish the best, not certain that will happen…

2 Likes

I think he’ll do fine. Though he’s been on IR all season long, in that time Boyle has had more mental reps playing QB than Goff has had piping McVain’s girlfriend. Boyle will be ready on Sunday.

2 Likes

Just be glad we’re not playing the 49ers and Trey Lance Sunday.

Nobody wants to watch Lance-Boyle.

2 Likes

And somebody point me to an INT-heavy QB who suddenly became a not INT-heavy QB.

College vs Pros. That was then, this is now. In Boyle’s 4 NFL years, he has completed 75% of his passes with no interceptions and a QBR of 80. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

George Blanda?