Boyle gets the start

He ran a 4.75 in the 40…but didn’t run the ball much… if any… in college.

He kind of reminds of Joe Flacco… strictly from a size, speed, and eye test of his movement. I think he is mobile enough to roll him out… which I recommend to get him a little head start on Garrett.

2 Likes

Flacco was an incredible college player.

Detroit Lions Week 11 injury designations: Jared Goff doubtful, Trey Flowers ruled OUT

Its pretty bad when I gave a fist pump when I read this headline as they are the two highest paid players on this roster. Tired of wasting snaps on Flowers when he should 100% get cut in the off-season and there are young guys in Austin Bryant and Julian Okwara showing potential.

2 Likes

Especially on 12/1/2007… right?

1 Like

Sucking a** in college isn’t good enough, I want a guy who sucked a** in high school. I have to admit this is impressive tanking though. They might well be trying to make Goff look good, which isn’t easy to do.

2 Likes

This could be so homophobic to someone :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

Right…Delaware vs. Northern Iowa - Game Summary - December 1, 2007 - ESPN

1 Like

How’s that?

I can’t say this enough - I went to 4 practices and Goff was by far the most accurate out of our 3 QB’s. He had the prettiest spiral and clearly had the stronger arm.

But — I noted in my preseason report that I felt there was something to the reports that Goff isn’t taking open shots down field. Even in practice he chose to dump off passes.

Boyle however rarely looked past his primary target but he seemed to be more willing to take deeper shots.

Personally I think The offense will continue to struggle until our surrounding cast improves. No matter who is at QB.

My expectations are very low.

3 Likes

They are in tank mode and Goff got too close to winning last week. They couldn’t take any chances so they are putting in the secret weapon.

People love to say the backup “can’t be any worse” than the starter until the backup goes out and throws 7 INTs against the Cleveland Browns. Oh wait, that already happened.

2 Likes

can’t say I’m excited because I expect Boyle to be a hot pile of garbage.

but I really really hope he’s good

We only lost by 10!! Lol

1 Like

Can we give Cleveland our defense. It seems any time a QB has his 1st start against a Lions team they throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs

1 Like

This is my thoughts as well. The weather forecast that I saw showed the greatest chance of rain was during game time. It’s set to be sloppy. I think turnovers are crucial in this game. They need to hang onto the ball and force Cleveland be the team that makes mistakes. Our defenders may not be the most talented crew, but they do play hard and have been punching out balls late in games.

Plus we have Jack Fox

1 Like

Niiiiiiiiice

martial arts nut punch GIF

How many guys do we to knock out of the game to have a chance?

2 Likes

Man, it’ll be so refreshing to see a different QB under center. I’ve been in “anybody but Goff” mode for a while, I just hate watching him play QB, conservative and boring.

With that said, I’m sure the “refresh” will wear off after the first 3 and out but no Goff so I’m riding that high right now for all it’s worth.

1 Like

I guarantee Boyle doesn’t throw 7 interceptions by himself, but I can’t guarantee Boyle and Blough combined don’t reach 7 picks. lol

As long as they don’t throw it out of bounds on 4th down, I’ll take it. I still can’t believe we left a QB in the game after throwing 4 picks, then 5, then 6 picks, and then he threw a 7th and we only lost by 10. That’s hard to believe and gotta give the Lions Defense some serious credit for that one.

I expected Rudolph to do that last week, it didn’t happen surprisingly.

LMAO!

1 Like

nah, we couldn’t possibly get flagged for that…

1 Like