Brad Holmes Interview w Rich Eisen

Yup - that’d be awesome

Surprised there isn’t more discussion around this comment. I take it to mean they were about to draft someone at 97 but Malik and Corral went a bit before us.

2 Likes

Romeo Okwara is a huge unknown I feel like, along with his brother.

It’s easy to forget how good he was for us before he got injured, and coming back who knows what he’ll bring. Along with Julian and Charles Harris and all the new LBs, DL along with another year of development from onzurwike and McNeill, the potential is there… it just needs to go from potential to production.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

For sure bud, the D-line is young and inexperienced, but talent is there for sure. The question is can we develop it with competent coaches for once.

2 Likes

Yup - Coaches will have this thing Rocking, either this year or next…
One more high draft pick in Brockers’s spot next year?

1 Like

My little stat goal for Hitch? Errr Hutch?!

Breaking the single season record for most tackles for a loss and most sacks by a rookie….

That is all! :crazy_face:

IMO, Paschal is the Brockers replacement. I think he is going to bulk up a little, closer to 280-290, and fill that big edge, undersized 3T role. By 2023 I could see Hutch, Levi, Alim and Paschal starting with Paschal playing multiple positions.

I know we are young, but we have really good depth up front now. Issue is, how good will the starting unit be?

4 Likes

I can see this, but I STILL want to upgrade, unless one of Paschal/McNeil/Levi is the next Reggie White.

I want a DL that shows up like Jones/Fairley/Suh/Ansah did → WOW that was fun. That was the most fun I’ve had with lions football since Barry retired.

The Preacher was one of my favorites…

He’d kick your ass on the field and pray for it off the field!! Loved it!!

2 Likes

The next Reggie, I don’t see it, but out of those 3, I can see McNeil rising to the top. I remember Jerry Ball in his first year, very similar stat wise to Alim, watch out this year, he will be talked about for pro bowl consideration. He’s getting bigger, stronger, and just reaching the beginning of his Man strength. He has the quicks as well. Now let’s see him dunk a B-Ball. (ala Ball)

4 Likes

I think Alim is gonna be a good one. He’s like a dancing bear out there.

Dancing Bear Party GIF by Bill Greenhead

3 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’ll take a bear that shows no mercy please!

1 Like

Haha! Love it! Hope you’re right about Alim being Ball-like. Loved “biscuit.” Ball played at 298 lbs, and I think McNeil is bigger than that. If he can be that effective, I’ll be super-happy.

2 Likes

Speaking of Bears, saw a mother black bear and 2 cubs the other day hiking. Almost shit my pants.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say “upgrade”, I’d say “reinforce”.

I think they’re banking on Levi being the player they drafted and not the player that we seen last year. Assuming he’s playing up to snuff, you may be quite content with him as the starter. That said, ~if~ he’s not “all that” or ~if~ he or McNeil are injured, there’s nobody of substance behind them capable of pressuring the QB. Maybe that’s a long way of saying that we’d both like to see some real competition for those 3t snaps by way of a solid veteran or another high draft pick

1 Like

Uhh yeah. Seeing a bear by itself is bad enough, but with cubs I would be the same way

3 Likes

Yup - lots to reveal itself still. It could be reinforce, but I still want upgrade…like Reggie White/Suh/Donald style upgrade. …like Trade up to get that nasty ass freak athlete, ,type of upgrade. LOL
Maybe reinforce too. Like a 2nd or 3rd round guy that is a backup or rotational guy? Still rather see them draft The Incredible Hulk next year (as long as Goff works out).

Oh.

crocodile GIF

1 Like

LOL - Thanks for that, man. one of my bigger laughs of the day.

1 Like