Brad Holmes is a Wizard

How is he doing this?

1. IT WAS OBVIOUS that we could save about $10M by cutting Vatai, Okwara, and Harris and eating the dead cap.

2. INSTEAD: BH resigns everyone for LESS than it costs to lose them! Vatai even voided his final year for us.

3. Cam Sutton comes here at a very good price.

4. THEN CJ Gardner Johnson comes here at a WTF better price

I doubted the talent levels he brought on D these last couple years but now…Have we ever had a GM this good with the draft, free agency, and resigning our guys?

Oh ish! I just heard Jalen Reeves Maybin is back!

Ok what’s YOUR favorite stunner move by our savvy GM?

19 Likes

Best GM in Lions history–already.

20 Likes

He’s gotta be warchesting for someone…speculation on sports radio is maybe DT Simmoms from Tenn…that would be f*cking unreal to get that guy here.

10 Likes

Even the JWill situation seems like they offered him $5M/year, he thought he was worth more and found out that the market didn’t agree.

THEN a bunch of other guys come back on VERY want-to-be-here deals! So, I can’t fault him on that either.

10 Likes

It helps that the players love being here. That’s MCDC’s culture.
Holmes/Campbell are what happens when the stars come into perfect alignment.
Prepare to be Super Bowl winners!

6 Likes

Good point. I had moved on to the draft but maybe he’s bringing in another pro (and would trade a pick or two to do it) “F them picks!”

3 Likes

Simmons for pick 18, I’d f*cking do it yesterday

7 Likes

I’d say the biggest surprise signing was CGJ signing for 6.5mil. I thought we would be interested with Glenn’s history, but I saw him getting 12mil+ AAV and he got a little more than half that.

One of the biggest surprised overall, was Romeo’s pay cut. I called Harris, Big V, and Romeo taking a pay cut. It was obvious none of those guys were worth their base salaries. I thought they would knock Romeo down to 5-6mil base from 11mil. The fact he dropped his base salary down to 2mil from 11mil was pretty shocking.

7 Likes

Agreed.
But I gotta admit that makes it Sheila’s culture.
She brought them together. Hell she hired Speilman, moved her office down the hall from both of em and set the rules for everyone is to operate.

It’s weird to praise Lions ownership…but, right?

6 Likes

Lions are sitting on $23mill to spend right now…gotta be someone big in their sights

1 Like

She was the first star to align.

3 Likes

Ed Oliver in a trade. Sounds like he’s potentially on the market. Heard today he could be had for a 2nd. :thinking:

3 Likes

Never Never Never
Have Lions fans been this jacked about the team and organization
Never

Fun times :grinning:

Kind of funny to see people typing “Super Bowl” in entries and nobody calling them idiots! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

How is that possible? That’s F’ing bananas. We had like $31M at the start of free agency didn’t we? How do you make all these deals, upgrade the secondary, pay Anzalone like he’s a solid LB and still have $23M left? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep, her and Wood :crazy_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

So, will our enitre draft be guys who might have to be backups this year…?
I’m so freakin’ confused. Haven’t we ALWAYS essentially drafted for need?

3 Likes

Brad’s approaching FA like there is no draft this year…it’s awesome

5 Likes

Don’t play with my emotions like this, KC!

1 Like

Renegotiated contracts, and backloaded to pay big next year instead of this year.

2 Likes