Brad Holmes is a Wizard

Podcast What GIF by Washed Media

5 Likes

I think he is setting himself up for the next Commissioner :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you ever leave the Den, I’m going too…

1 Like

Holmes has done well, but the Lions also set him up for success by removing responsibilities they have traditionally placed on their GM’s and instead allowed Brad to focus on talent acquisition. The Lions success is both in their selections of coach and GM as well as Shelia’s vision of knocking down walls to allow more shared responsibility.

8 Likes

For sure top 3 most handsome in NFL. Easily.

2 Likes

And as we just learned from the DN article, Chris Spielman. He is an integral part of the football side. He is an integral part of the business side. We now know he is probably the most important cog in the football side-business side relationship.

As he said, “I don’t want anyone to feel like they work for the Detroit Lions. I want everyone to feel like they are Detroit Lions, the same way Shiela is and Dan is and the players are.”.

What he is doing on both sides and connecting both sides is amazing.

9 Likes

how about Simmons for #6 and their 11

I literally said, " I’d also be willing to do 6 for Simmons and 11 if they fall in love with a QB."

:expressionless:

2 Likes

Before i go to sleep every night, I check the Athletic, and my customized feed. One night I’m dead tired, wanted to check the feed before conking out, and it says Lions sign Chauncey G-J. All of a sudden I was wide awake. Then I read its only 6.5M. Now I have adrenaline shooting through everything. Yeah, soft and hard, LOL. I don’t think I got to sleep till 2am. What a heist. That one was a shocker. But it shouldn’t have been.

His moves ranked for me:
CGJ
Yes to Monty/no to JWill (ballsy)
Waiting out Chark (just wait!)
The big three (don’t call them restructures) pay cuts
Cam Sutton
Mosely
Cominsky
Buggs
JRM
Glasgow
Anzalone (LOL).
Harris (LOL).

We can align. Of course you’ll be the one aligned in the bent over position in front of me. :joy:

The value to drop down to 11 is probably a 2nd and maybe a 4th. No way they take that deal. Maybe 6 and 18 for Simmons, 11 and maybe a 3rd. I’d be good with that.

1 Like

I’m having second thoughts…

Lol. I can’t align by myself. Someone’s likely to call the cops.

1 Like

Both future hall of famers!!

1 Like

Bro - how do you feel about this long-term? Is this kicking the can down the road, or is this ““ real?

3 Likes

Most aren’t long term. Next years cap increase should come close to handling the longer term deals.

A huge reason we were able to accomplish this is we saved almost 20mil in cap space from just pay cuts with Romeo, Big V, and Harris. We pushed very little money into the future with Walker and Fox restructuring. We also tacked on a couple void years on some deals, but overall it wasn’t near what most teams have done.

1 Like

Ed Oliver posted a pic of him sacking all three other NFC North QBs.

1 Like

From @SameAsItEverWas :

"To me these all look like renegotiated contracts, not restructures. Restructures just kick the cap $ can down the road. These are cost reductions, not cap deferrals.

I grade Holmes work as an A+ for not restructuring

These moves cut costs and build roster depth.
Excellent "

2 Likes