Brad Holmes: Jared Goff Has Proven This Offseason 'He's the Guy'

One other potential cause of the decline was Goff having no deep threat without Cooks (or Watkins before him). Lastly, his decline in production cane at a similar time to when Goff and Carr saw dips. There might be something to be said for defenses adjusting and the QB’s play suffering until he figures out to counter-punch.

More than anything I think Goff had a crisis of confidence. If we can rehabilitate him mentally he should do decently well here IMO.

3 Likes

Yup - Goff needs to get hot at playoff time. He’s good enough, but emotionally…he gets rattled. I trust him completely as a regular season QB, even as a QB to make a run once in awhile in the playoffs. I just think our team will be SO stacked that we can be a perennial contender, like Buffalo, KC, etc. I want a QB that can be a contender every year. Is Goff that guy? I think Dan Campbell is creating something like Cowher’s Steelers (possibly even better). I want a tough guy that ALWAYS has a chance to win it, not someone who sneaks in, once in awhile.

YES - I am aware that what I’m asking for is extremely rare.
NO - This is not a knock on Goff (as I have said before, there are probably 12-15 ppl on the planet that can do his job better than him).

Goff - 2022 MVP baby as he hold up the SB trophy!

That will shut folks up for about a month! :crazy_face::heart::upside_down_face::+1::pray:

2 Likes

Haha if that happens, I’ll build a statue of Goff in my front yard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.