Brad Holmes supposedly joining GMFB Peter Schraeger soon

On NFL Network.
As they went to break the host said that Brad H will join Peter in Indy soon, made it sound like it will be on air.

Also teased the Lions, after last season how high can they go?

3 Likes

Coming next

2 Likes

He’s wearing a white Lions’ sweatshirt with VILLAIN across the front. Love it!

3 Likes

I agree, pretty sweet. Love the mentality!

2 Likes

Q Lions logo with Villain on the sweatshirt, what is the statement and mindset that represents
A It’s what we are about trying to find guys that fit our culture. Mindset in the bldg

Q Wk 18 was a statement, nothing to play for, knock of the Packers what did it mean
A Was a big game for us, how Dan leads the team plays hard it was a big game for us and heading in the right direction. Happy for the players and really happy for the city of Detroit. To hear the optimism is great, but, we still have work to do

Q A yr ago it was the Stafford trade, now it’s the Goff/STafford trade as both played well. Now what about the draft, adding players you have multiple first round picks
A In terms of FA do guys want to come to Detroit, but draft is about culture, fitting us.

Q The young core, AH others how exciting is that
A It’s exciting, but more work, drafted 6 d players, 5 are starting and looking to be good future players

Q What about Goff, QB, Jeremiah mocked a QB Is there a chance for a qb
A. We like Goff he is doing a good job for us. We are happy with Jared we need to add pieces to the room. Whether it is FA or draft we need to add players

Q Coaching staff getting noticed for HC jobs
A Bj staying in Detroit, testament to our culture Dan is doing a great job that guys want to stay.
Q Lions are that team that we will be talking about in May, the hot team heading into August. How do deal with expectations
A DC makes sure the msg is clear, accounatbility is there, a constant msg. We have to keep culture in tack, keep bldg the right way

Q PSewall on 3/7 gets a pass, hook and ladder on 4th ingenuity on offense was really good.
A. I saw the sewell play in practice, thought it was a TE, who is that guy. PS is a core player for us. Statement play who we are about, players staff, we want to be exciting explosive. Not the same Lions

Q DC is our favorite treated HK like it was a something all over it like an episode of the Sopranos. DC/BH vs McVey and Snead in an octagon who wins.
A I wouldn’t want to be in an octagon with DC if DC is in that mode I would leave the octagon. I have so much respect for the SM/LS what they have done. But we like what we are building.

So appreciate, everyone is really excited about the Lions what you are bldg.

15 Likes

Apologies for typos, typing fast and think I got the recap pretty dang close.

6 Likes

Brad Holmes is one of the best GM’s in the NFL. His hire is the biggest reason for the turn around. His passion is undeniable.

3 Likes

I appreciate what you did. My 60-wpm couldn’t do that.

5 Likes

LOL. Bringing back memories of typing HS and first year of college on the electronic typewriters, I could usually get in the mid 90’s per minute then.

Now the faster I type the more I get the letters out of place and punctuation sucks.

5 Likes

Damn, 90 wpm is legit…secretary type speed:)

6 Likes

Word we have all heard a lot over the last year or since the new front office and more talking starting with Sheila and Speilman is Culture.
Brad mentioned it repeatedly in this morning’s brief interview.

Also, Brad and Dan will be on the NFL network this afternoon as they will be at the combine podium for Q/A with the media at large. I will try to recap, have all three hours set to record.

1 Like

From this morning’s freep

But you could kind of tell, like I said when we hired (Campbell and Holmes), what you didn’t want, and then set about trying to find the people that would embrace the kind of culture we wanted."
when we hired (Campbell and Holmes), what you didn’t want, and then set about trying to find the people that would embrace the kind of culture we wanted."

Wood, Hamp, Lions chief operating officer Mike Disner and special assistant Chris Spielman led parallel coach and GM searches after the team’s miserable 2020 season, and ended with the hiring of Campbell and Holmes. The two men did not know each other before teaming up with the Lions; Wood said he introduced them by phone in his office once it became clear they were the leading candidates for their jobs.

That unorthodox approach was initially met with skepticism by a league known for its buddy hiring system, but the synergy between Campbell and Holmes has worked so well that Wood has taken calls from other NFL teams interested in replicating the Lions’ model.

… got turned off in the interview when you heard people talking about the structure I need, and I need to have final say on this, or I need to be in charge of that. And those were not the kind of people we were looking for. And both these guys came in with no ego, we’re going to figure this out, we’re going to do it the right way, we’re going to work together."

That, Wood said, is at the heart of how the Lions have made the leap from losing breeding losing — the Lions have

9 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting all that @frm710!

3 Likes

The Video:

3 Likes

Now we see how close I was in my rough transcript.
LOL

1 Like

@frm710 You were spot on my friend. Thank You for sharing your 90 WPM with us! :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

LOl, should change the den name 90wpm

3 Likes

I’m an average at best typist
Love the interview
Love Holmes
With this many picks, Holmes is gonna CRUSH this thing!

Floor for this season → winning wildcard home game
Ceiling SB

2 Likes

That shirt is TIGHT!