Breathe

Ok fellas (or any ladies?), I’m here to talk everybody off the ledge.
I saw too much “Sky is falling” posts in the CJGJ injury and it was eye opening which I understand in the heat of the moment, I said some stuff immediately after the game that was reactionary as well, but I’m here to lend some comfort…

There’s no doubt that the injury is a tough one, he’s a very good player but good teams overcome injuries all the time and I’d like to think that the Lions are a good team, plus if there is a long term injury they can overcome it’s at safety. I have the utmost confidence in Tracy Walker to fill the void, he’s not as good as CJGJ (not the playmaker he is namely) but he’s a good player and a leader back there.

I know there are other injuries to contend with (what’s going on with Vaitai exactly) but, again, good teams overcome this and I have confidence in this leadership group from coach to players to keep this on track to achieve their goals.
It’s time for us to band together as a fanbase and back this group instead of wallowing in woah is us and SOL rhetoric because I know the team won’t wallow in misery feeling sorry for themselves. ■■■■ that, this isn’t SOL, these guys will prove that and put that ugly term to bed for good so to that end… Lets Go Lions!!! Lets Go The Den!!! and lets bite some ■■■■■■■ kneecaps on the way to the top.

1 Like

Need this next one bad. If so I think we’re at least 4-4 at the bye.

2 Likes

Frankly, I don’t feel the need to take back anything I’ve said since the game.
This loss was on Dan’s refusal to be conventional. The element of surprise only works when the other team doesn’t know what you are doing.
AG needs to fit the defense to the personnel, not the personnel to the defense he wants to run.
And, I was already pissed at NFL Listen+. I will not help pay for horrid officiating.
I won’t be watching because I can’t afford to, or, maybe better put, it’s not worth it to me. My life has been roller coaster enough.
There’s a reason I can’t coach anymore, and, I need to look after myself, now.

1 Like

Democratic Debate Issue GIF by GIPHY News

1 Like

Are we a good team though?

This is an issue IMO. His 1st year here we were a odd man front with 2 gap responsibilities. Last year we switched to an even man front witb 1 gap responsibilities and mid season changed that to 2 gap responsibilities. Now this year we switched to 1 and 1/2 gap responsibilities

Whatever was working last season the last 9 games is what we should have continued building on. Oh and the linebackers have been brutal in coverage 14 attempts 14 completions for 169 yards

1 Like

Exactly!!! To add to this AG is not a good game day play caller, he lacks the ability to adjust mid-game (example is playing soft zone against a team getting the ball out quick to avoid pressure).

I have heard this a couple times. Going for it on 4th down has nothing to do with the element of surprise. I has everything to do with down and distance. % of success, and in some cases the confidence in your kicking game.

The overreaction on this board after a loss is so predictable, it’s really laughable!

I get the frustration, but we weren’t gonna win every game, and it’s a looooong season!

Beat Atlanta and all is good again!

5 Likes

Yeah we should all come here paise them for every lose .
And predictable thing is stupid it’s a massage board for the Lions talking about wins and loses is a sure thing. Thinking your a genius calling people predictable is kinda funny in its self.
Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day’s useless energy is spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is grey and yellow-white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

1 Like

That’s my point. The fake worked because of the element of surprise.
Going for it relies mostly on brute strength and force of will. That may work with Penei and Decker outside, but, not as well with Nelson.
Being down Decker and Vatai, I hope that lesson is learned.

Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

1 Like

Gm. #1 - R, W +1
Gm. #2 - H, L -6 (OT)

The sky is not falling. Expect a good showing against Atl. The 'ole up / down theory comes into play.

3 Likes

Common Bitter! 1-1 with 15 games left. No way we can make that up in this division. NFC North is stacked with elite teams you know. :smiley:

The sky isn’t falling but there sure is a lot of work to do. A lot of things to fix

1 Like

4Q-l1y

The way I look at it is we’re a coin flip away from being 2-0. Were also not that far away from 0-2. I just really hate losing that tiebreaker to them again. I was thinking that if we win the division there is a fair chance for a rematch if they land the WC. So far down the road…but wouldn’t that be something.

1 Like

Awwww did I strike a nerve? You’ll be ok Karen……

Geious? :joy::joy::joy::joy: keep whining Karen……

In the off-season folks said we’d be lucky to open 1-1. Then we did. So, we’re fine but I think ATL is going to battle us and could win if we play like we did this week. I had us 5-3 at the bye btw then killing the second half again.

1 Like