Brian Kelly to LSU

And from your description, the only part…

He ain’t no personality plus!

jon favreau swingers GIF

2 Likes

Lol @BigNatty was trying to find that scene from Swingers where Vince Vaughn is yelling at the waitress “personality plus over here” or something like that… this is the closest I got from my half assed GIF search… anyway, good ole swingers…

“Get me a glenlivet, glenfidich, any Glenn.”

I’ll take an Aaron Glenn for next year!

2 Likes

:muscle: :sunglasses:
Nice!

1 Like

That’s insane money he’s getting

I think that is likely as well as a pool increase for his assistants. He’s going to have to lock down MacDonald.

1 Like

I heard this guy had a farm!

1 Like

This will get interesting to watch if some of the bigger schools don’t fill their positions quickly (like Notre Dame). Agents LOVE this kind of movement because they will put out BS stories about how their client is a frontrunner for X, Y or Z job…even if the team isn’t even interested. Its all about leveraging the current team for more money and more power.

1 Like

To be fair to Dan from all reports he’s a man of extremely high character. Ed O. has gotten himself into situations that cast some doubt over just how good of a human being he is.

3 Likes

Really interesting point but I think UM would be wise to keep him hanging for a bit… I mean after 7 years the guy finally got a big win. He hasn’t earned anything… then again arguable what the other guys have too…

Deservedly or not I think winning Saturday just guaranteed him another 5 years. Still don’t like him or the university. But I do like their team and what they’ve done so I will begrudgingly give him some credit

1 Like

The fact the lions are still playing hard is a major credit to Dan Campbell. He’s had some questionable decisions which has been the consensus… but he deserves another year and the vultures should wait to be released until this time next year.

2 Likes

I know I’m in the minority but I think his decisions have been getting much better. If anything he may have swung back too far in the risk averse direction. I get the outrage over the double timeout but in the first four games of the season he was coaching like he was playing Madden. Way too much of a riverboat gambler.

1 Like

Agree 100%. This is really year zero, although I know a lot of people don’t think or want to hear that. I liked the risky calls, and for whatever reason he’s gone conservative now… but there’s a lot more happening behind the scenes than we know, and what’s nice is there’s no real drama. No coaches or players are calling him out, for as bad as it’s been they’ve done a good job of demonstrating a unified front.

A lot of bigger names will be thrown around for the ND gig, but Tommy Rees seems like the best in house candidate.

1 Like

I’m okay with most of the going for it on 4th down. Not so much a fan of the running on 4th and 10+. Definitely not a fan of the double timeout.

He’s not gonna be the OC anyway.

He will get out of the way and let the OC do his job, just like he does with the DC.

1 Like

poop, the thread was derailed…

The turmoil in the NCAA ranks is most newsworthy.

1 Like

It’ll be Luke Fickel IMO. They have to go pretty big with the hire IMO and I think he’s a stylistic fit.

LOL - Yup!

Believe that him beating OSU, i.e.-dominating the line of scrimmage, makes future recruits to lift an eyebrow to come here.

Yeah. I’m a homer, let me relish this…

1 Like

Word!
With ya, brother.
The more I watch and prognosticate, the more I recognize why I’m not paid to be a prognosticator. LOL. I’m so nervous about the Lions not getting a QB within the next decade. LOL. I can see us being borderline playoffs for the better part of a decade, but not having the one piece that gets us to the NFC ship game and beyond. Campbell will win playoff games here. Maybe we can get a Trent Dilfer style SB?

1 Like

Glad he didn’t execute you.

1 Like