Broncos fire Hackett following 4-11 start to yeare

That’s a really good point. Damn, they’re in a tough fricken spot

1 Like

I think Russ is still salvageable. I think he’s not as good as he looked at times in Seattle, but not as bad as he has looked in Denver so far. Nathaniel Hackett was completely over his head. It shouldn’t be hard to find a coach that thinks the same way, and has the ego to think he can get Russ playing at a high level again. I think the best move for the Broncos would be to get a coach in there with a strong opinion on Russ being the guy and a strong enough personality to get the other guys to buy in. Hackett wasn’t the guy, and might have even joined in on the Russ hate to help take some of the heat off of his shitty coaching.

What some people might forget about Russ is how shitty he can play, and has played at times. Russ had no business being in the 2nd Super Bowl against the Patriots. His teamed carried him thru a 4 INT NFC Championship Game.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Denver lets Ejiro Evero hit the market and we target him to be our secondary coach and defensive assistant coordinator.

3 Likes

Stating, making Pete Carroll look like a football Einstein is taking a shot?
O.K. then.

I don’t think so, personally. I bet Paton gets another chance to hire a head coach. I’m not saying I agree with it, but I’m saying it’s probably the easiest path forward. Get someone who can flip that defense around, and an OC that can craft a game plan that works with Wilson.

They got rid of Nate Hackett but Buddy Hackett is still their QB.

1 Like

I do a spot on impression of Buddy Hackett singing the tune from the South Park movie, Uncle F$@&er, but down tempo lounge lizard style

Buddy Hackett, for those under 40

Use your imagination

No, seriously, I do, for reelz. Ill put it up on Soundcloud…someday

2 Likes

Share it lol

I am a strong believer that every GM should get a second HC hire, within reason. The exceptions being cases like Kyle Shanahan (where I would give him a 2nd chance at a GM hire) and a case like Bob Quinn where he clearly held on too long and tied himself to the ship. Had Quinn cut bait after 2019 I would have been willing to give him 1 more coaching hire (which I am happy didn’t happen).

2 Likes

a0e57920-416e-44d9-b3cb-41091bba8394_text

More firings. Rams really embarrassed them.

Report: Broncos have dismissed special teams coordinator Dwayne Stukes and offensive line coach Butch Barry

Denver Broncos have fired ST Coordinator Dwayne Stukes; OL coach Butch Barry - Mile High Report

Honestly the person most affected by this is prolly Lamar Jackson

every team who offered a massive contract to their qb have been dogshit, and terrible contracts atm

Massive heavy weights that affects the teams future

Ravens are one of the better FO’s and its gonna likely be an ugly situation between the two parties in getting a deal done

3 Likes

Including the top two seeds in the AFC?

2 Likes

If you take out the ones who aren’t dogshit, they are all dogshit!

3 Likes