Bryce Young- is he even 5’11”?

Ill be honest with you all

do remember we have John Dorsey in the FO

dude has drafted talent and two of the greatest QB’s ever (Aaron Rodgers and Patrick mahomes)

Yes he drafted Mayfield, but mayfield did look solid for the browns (HIm playing thorugh his injured shoulder and the ■■■■ ton of coaching turnover i think really ■■■■■■■ hurt him bad)

If there is 1 man i trust in drafting a QB its him

2 Likes

Mahomes being one of the best ever is a stretch, but i have no doubts he will be at the end of his career

he looks unstoppable atm

1 Like

Dorsey was a “consultant” with the Eagles when they took Jalen Hurts.

4 Likes

That’s where I’d put my money too right now, but we’ve been at this long enough to know FOs are gonna be hesitant about taking a guy with Young’s size profile (just like what’s happening in here). Their jobs are on the line, they get conservative. I think a lot of teams will talk themselves into Stroud and Levis. I still have Young going first overall but it’s definitely not a slam dunk.

1 Like

Holy shit he was your right

Yeah idc, dude has the resume, if we take a QB in this Draft, I look at Dorsey as one of the biggest reasons why easily

2 Likes

I think Levis’ biggest problem is the butter on the hands of his WR’s. I’ve seen so many drops with two hands on the ball it’s crazy. It’s easy based on his arm to assume he’s throwing rockets when he shouldn’t be, but he also does a good job taking something off when he has an easy open guy. I don’t think we’ll have a shot at QB1, Texans will have that honor and we won’t be able to pry it away from them. So then it’s possible we can trade up for either of the guys left. If we did stand pat and take Levis with our Ram’s pick, I think I’d be fine with it. Keep the beans and get a guy full of traits.

2 Likes

The only thing better than drafting Bryce Young would be drafting Bryce Young with a chip on his shoulder.

4 Likes

Its not “if.” He does.

The sadistic side of me wants the Lions to draft Levis if we go with a QB. Just so I can hear the bitching and excuses for the next 3 years.

:joy: only three years?

1 Like

You think that would only happen if we took Levis?! Remember this fan base booed Stafford over Curry, bitched constantly that he sucked and then all he did was win a SB in his first year on a good team. As to processing, to me that isn’t a strength Goff possesses. He makes poor reads and leaves big plays on the table often. I’m less concerned with a guy with superior physical traits, who hasn’t shown to be great at processing the field with zero NFL games under his belt than a guy who in his 94th misses seeing a wide open 1st down chunk play for a desperation heave that falls predictably incomplete. There was zero processing on that play. He wanted to go there before the ball was snapped and by golly that is exactly where it went. Incomplete, ball game.

1 Like

Levis weakness is processing and going through reads and pocket presence. (and eating banana peels and drinking mayonnaise)

I’d rather take a middle round project than a top ten project. With our defense 32nd in the league, a quicker way to more wins is drafting defense

1 Like

If I watch Caleb Williams or Drake Maye play… I think WOW…

If I watch Bijan Robinson, Will Anderson, Emmanuel Forbes… I think wow- they are constantly making GAME WRECKING plays…

I’m simply trying to add a pair of guys in round 1 that are mostly to be in the top 3-4 in the NFL at their respective positions…

Even factoring rookie wage scale… I would take Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts, L Jax, Tua, Lawrence, and likely a few others straight up over Bryce Young… I would struggle to take him over Mac Jones, Fields, and others too…

How many NFL RBs would I take going into 2023 over Bijan Robinson? Factoring contract lengths and pay rates? NONE…

How many NFL WR’s would we have taken straight up for Calvin Johnson on draft day 2007? Likely zero, but at most 1-2?

How many NFL Edge rushers would you take over thee chance for Will Anderson Jr on a 5 year rookie deal? Micah Parsons… Anyone else?

I think E Forbes, Ringo, Porter, Phillips all have that ballhawk- playmaker quality to them…

2 Likes

Leonardo Dicaprio Leo GIF

Bryce Young rolling into the combine like

3 Likes

I also want to remind everyone of this:

A highlight:

“Short, scrappy, instinctive, highly productive defensive lineman who does not look the part, but inspires confidence he can be an exception to the rule. Is the type you root for and has the quickness, athleticism and motor to earn a spot as a rotational three-technique in a fast-flowing 4-3 scheme.”

“Draft Projection: Rounds 4-5.”

“Grade: 5.90. Average back-up or special-teamer.”

lol

You can’t always judge the gift by the size of the package. Do I think Young has a chance to set the league on fire the way Donald did? Yeah, I really do. I loved Donald when he was coming out, and I love Young just as much.

2 Likes

Might be worth it to revisit Doug Flutie. He played back when putting the QB on a stretcher was considered part of the entertainment too.

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight…It’s the size of the fight in the dog.

1 Like

Beat me to it… :rofl:

2 Likes

Does Donald have to sit in the pocket and be able to see the entire field in order to go through his progressions?

I know most are concerned about him gettimg injured due to his slight size. I see nobody mentioning a potential problem with being able to see the field.

Isnt that one of the knocks on Murray? His inability to see down the middle of the field, hence him attacking the edges and/or rolling out of the pocket to find his receivers?

He’s not 5’11

That much I’m certain, I have walked very close to him as my nephew played with him at Mater Dei, hell Im not even sure he’s a full 5’10

Exciting playmaker, I’ll give him that

I mean the bama o line isnt full of 5’10 guys either but that is often a comment about short qb’s idk what to think for bryce