Buying Into the Hype?

I’ll wait and see what Goff does. If Goff is below average we win 6 games or less. That means we draft a QB and the rebuild takes an extra 1 or 2 years.

If you had to place your last hundo at 8.5 on the over under, where you placing your $$?
I am over. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

If we keep our OL healthy I’ll take my chances. Their health was the most disappointing aspect of 2021 for me.

It would be nice not to “lionize” our rookies for a change.

That’s a key, for sure. If it goes the same way I’d almost guarantee we don’t meet the upper end of our range of outcomes. Even healthy though, my guess would be that we’re involved in a few more shootouts than we’d prefer to be, which not only puts more on Goff’s shoulders but also might mitigate what I feel is is our OL’s strength if we have to abandon the run game, even a little. It’s just hard to keep an opposing offense down in today’s NFL

7 wins is a successful season in my eyes. Especially if we continue to get late season Goff most of the time.

1 Like

I’m with you. I’d even count 6 wins as a decent season if the circumstances went against us (injuries, mostly). I expect to fall in that 6-9 win range with outside chances at 10 or 11 if things break our way or 4 or 5 if they don’t (4 would require a Goff injury IMO).

1 Like

From Lionswire:

Campbell talked about wanting a “chess match” between OC Ben Johnson and DC Aaron Glenn in practices. We got to see the makings of a really intense, creative matchup of the two bright coordinators.

Johnson has brought a lot more pre-snap motion and exotic formations to the offense. He’s also varied tempos, something QB Jared Goff is very adept at doing.

Glenn has countered with considerable pre-snap movement from his defense. We can’t get into specifics of the formations, but there are elements of both Rex Ryan and Jim Schwartz defenses that Glenn isn’t shy about liberally mixing up. It requires smart football players, which reinforces the mantra continually espoused by Campbell and GM Brad Holmes of wanting smart guys who play hard.

3 Likes

If we go out week one and outmuscle or match the eagles on the offensive and defensive lines I’ll buy into the hype. They’re supposed to have two of the best units in the nfl. It’s a good measuring stick IMO.

1 Like

Walkin on sunshine baby! WOOOOO!

2 Likes

Why I don’t buy into hype this early.

3 Likes

Not trying to sound negative but I don’t think I’d classify jarad Davis or will Harris as a smart football player. I understand both are fighting to make the roster and if they do will have limited roles, but those two were the first players I thought of when I read that line. Maybe simplifying their roles will allow their athleticism to shine through.

1 Like

Sharp ass unis tho.

1 Like

FIRST DOWN!!!

CHOW DOWN!!!

PARTY DOWN!!!

5 Likes

Flavor Flav GIF

Don’t believe the hype….

2 Likes

The staff is totally awesome. The way they’re competing between units and within units. It’s going to bear results. This team didn’t quit and won’t.

Campbell and Holmes are on the same page re: football players that love the game. You get enough guys like that (and I think we already have a critical mass) and you’re going to have a tough team. Not too long before you’re tough enough to win the division.

Let the defense come together and the point differential will look a lot closer than it has.