Buying Into the Hype?

Those two statements sum up being a Lions fan.

I would never consider a losing season success.

I think if Dan is to build on the hype he needs to get close to .500 for sure but a losing season can’t be a success right? … that has to be a disappointment doesn’t it?

If we went 7-10 or 8-9 and were competitive in most games I would consider that a success. Vegas has our win total at 6 or 6.5 right? I love where we are headed and I see a chance for this season to be more successful, but the facts are we need a ton of young players to step up and have a big impact to have success this year. We can’t afford to have Hutchinson struggle early on. We need Jameson to come off the PUP and be a big contributor to open it up for other players. We need several 2nd year players to take a big jump. We need our key starters to stay healthy as our depth is better, but it isn’t great.

One injury to Goff and this team will be in a very tough spot. The reality is this was a multi year rebuild. Holmes took over one of the least talented teams in the NFL. We then had to trade our best player by far in Stafford. We also had several bad contracts and a bad cap situation. We were able to get some solid assets for Stafford, but we haven’t even had the chance to use all those assets yet.

As long as this team displays the ability to fight and the ability to battle through adversity like it did last year, the young players continue to show signs of development, and we win a few more games than last year then I would consider the year a success.

Of course, I’m excited about Hutch, and Jamo.
I was excited about getting Chark. Chark, St. Brown, Reynolds, Cephus, and Benson, is a huge upgrade over last year at this time. The presence of actually playmakers can only make Goff’s numbers better.
Hutch is a game changer, but, the person I’m most excited to see play is Paschal. PFF had him rated #2 (behind Hutchinson only) in the draft at rushing the passer. He has a motor like Hutch, non-stop go!
This young Dline is going to be a force to recon with for the next 3 years, minimum.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.