Bye week = Trade deadline talk

Now that we have weathered the storm of the first quarter of the season gauntlet, I have no doubt that Quinn is going to be a buyer here in the coming weeks. He kept cap space open for this very reason.

I predicted this in the summer, and it is still looking good as far as the way things are shaking out. The Bengals are toast. 0-4 and might just go into tank mode. They have Boyd and AJ Green and almost certainly won’t be keeping both going into next season. Does Quinn toss a high draft pick their way to add another weapon to this offense?

Perhaps there is a DE or LB that could be had? Is Ramsey still an option?

If you are Quinn, which teams are you looking at and what players are you seeking to help put us over the top at the trade deadline?

7 Likes

They were talking about AJ Green on the radio today. I’d love to have him but not sure we really need him.

I wouldn’t think it would cost too much to get him in a trade

2 Likes

Hassan Reddick has come up before, and I’ve always thought Patricia might be able to get more out of him than the Cardinals have. And since they’re terrible and (I believe) have to pick up his fifth year option this year (? Might be wrong about that), he might be available.

2 Likes

That is a really interesting idea. I really think he needs to be used as an elephant pass rusher type of role. He may be a little bit smaller than ideal for that scenario but I if he’s going to truly excel in a role, that’s the one.

I want Golden Tate back from NYG but now that they’re playing better I doubt that’s possible

3 Likes

Good topic! Right now, Washington is a dumpster fire, not quite as bad as Miami, but close. I haven’t followed him lately, but at one time, I loved the way Ryan Kerrigan played. I wonder if we could get him.
Also, Miami might take a 6th or 7th for a Taco, since they got a freebie!
I think the three biggest needs are a cover linebacker, tackle depth, and a speed edge rusher.

3 Likes

Reddick was a 2017 first round draft choice. So he currently has 2 full accrued seasons and this is his third.

I can honestly say, I don’t. While I loved his play, his presence alone seemed to keep Stafford from throwing downfield alot. I kind of dig the way our passing game is flowing now and I wonder what would happen with a true #1 deep threat type to compliment some really gritty WRs we have.

1 Like

Mostly what the Lions need is to just get back the guys who were injured. Don’t forget Austin Bryant is due back in a few weeks, and if Daniels and Hand get healthy then our DL could become the strength we thought they would be. When Slay and Diggs are back then that secondary looks damn good. Do they really need a coverage LB when they got JRM? Plus, they roll with 5 or 6 DBs a lot and not that many LBs in passing situations. What the Lions need on defense is the pass rush to get going and do a better job stuffing the run.

On offense they are a bit thin at OT, but Crosby did okay when he went in for Decker. And both Decker and Wagner have played well since Arizona for the most part. The IOL is doing pretty well, they don’t run-block too good, but I don’t think the Lions want to mess around there. Which leaves your TEs, who will be fine when Hock returns and the WRs and RBs, both of which ain’t doing half bad either. Actually, maybe the biggest need they have is a backup QB, they’re screwed if Stafford can’t go.

5 Likes

I believe the real question here is hurt enough that the Lions should look for a replacement. Hock had me worried, not sure if this was a first, second, third, for him. So the Lions could look at TE options. (If anyone knows the answer please share and kind of busy at work this week. I am sure you all know how that can be.)

I am not sure what options are out there, or if they would bring someone back.

My guess is that if Quin makes a trade it will be one of the last people I would ever think of. Because it always is.

2 Likes

Yeah. He went big and bold last year with the Snacks trade. Didnt see us as buyers at that point, so that was a curveball for sure. He might just so some fine tuning. Probably a minor trade with the Pats. Lol

Well if Hock or anyone else was hurt bad enough to be replaced the I would think they’d be on the IR. And it is possible that just because the Lions didn’t put him on the IR yet doesn’t mean they won’t if it looks like his injury is worse than they thought. It’s true that the Lions are so damn secretive about injuries that somebody could be hurtin’ and we don’t know it yet. Somebody could show up after the week off is over and they messed themselves up. Hot pizza, puppies on the stairs, stuff happens. :wink:

1 Like

Von Miller comes to mind maybe for a 3rd round pick.

5 Likes

I was curious about this and have been looking at who they could pick up. I as im sure many of you all think we need more pass rush. I looked at our stats and im good with who we have for now. Im just going to be patient and watch our players get better.

Flowers seems to be a bad pick up so far. However he was hurt and getting back into game shape if im a correct. He seems to look better every week.

Daniels Bryant and Hand still hurt. Hopefully the are back soon. Which i would think that would help out all of the LBs. Ashawn is performing well. We just need everyone healthy and playing.

1 Like

Nevermind i vote for this. :grinning:

Emmanuel Sanders is on the last year of his deal, he would be a nice add. Maybe Adrian Peterson for a conditional 7th.

2 Likes

We need speed at wide out and that’s the only hole.

2 Likes

He’s got the most pressures on the team, he’s got a sack and FF the last 2 weeks and he’s grading out really well on PFF too. They’re having him do a lot more than rush the passer, Flowers is a really good player, sometimes the things he’s doing don’t show up on the basic stat sheet.

2 Likes

lets get a legit OG for the o-linesso we are not using RB’s and TE’s to help keep Stafford clean so often.

1 Like

Tate was actually a fairly solid deep threat when used that way

1 Like

If you can get Miller for a 3rd you do it in a heartbeat.

Due to the cap his salary probably limits potential acquirers (assuming playoff contention is a prerequisite to):

Colts, Browns, Cowboys, Bills, Titans, Eagles, Chiefs, Panthers, Texans, 49ers, Bears and Lions.

I think that he’s somewhat redundant for the Browns, 49ers, Panthers, Colts and Bears. I think the Boys need to roll over as much cap space as possible. The Texans may as well with Watson and Tunsil needing to be re-upped soon.

So if the Broncos did actually want to move him we would probably only be one of five teams interested.

I still think Miller would take a two and something but the Seahawks got the much younger but not as dominant Clooney for a third so who knows.

1 Like