Bye week = Trade deadline talk

Kinda like Christmas is coming and you’re wondering what you’re going to get.

2 Likes

My favorite field-stretching option is Robert Foster of the Bills. He was Josh Allen’s favorite deep target at the end of the year last year but ever since they signed John Brown he hardly plays. The Bills aren’t a bad team so they won’t have a fire sale, but their current FO has proven to be very active, they might be willing to deal.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Bills really like Foster. He’s cheap as hell and has the highest upside of any of their WRs. Doubt he’s available

I think Marvin Hall Jr may be that speedy wr let’s
see how they work him into the offense the next few games.He may not even play once Danny is good to go dont see the need for another starter type we have that covered with KG and Marvin.

Ramsey’s antics give him an AB smell. There will be others who don’t have the aura of a locker room cancer with a stupid price tag.
Not that his play isn’t worth the money, it’s the side show and expectations that are too pricey.
Who here has never been offended by their boss?

Not sure the Bengals would trade him as he provides a good value, but Gio Bernard as KJ insurance would be a real nice addition IMO. Replacement level starting RB in all facets

1 Like

This is one of those crazy hypotheticals, but follow along with me:

1. The Lions continue to play like they have, with a trajectory to the playoffs
  2. Sometime before the trade deadline, Stafford goes down with a season ending injury
  3. Welcome your new starting qb, Joe Flacco.
1 Like

I think I’d rather have Nick Foles.

1 Like

Too expensive. If Staff goes down then maybe

Well yeah, that was spelled out in the OP.

Right. Even then I’m not sure. Foles maybe. Flacco doesn’t do it for me.

Plus learning the system on the fly, etc. If Staff goes down season is toast. I do think we could potentially insulate ourselves from a KJ loss and I don’t think it would be all that costly in terms of draft capital

Again, Zenner. He’s a Lion until someone picks up his contract.

What about Larry Fitzgerald? The Cardinals need to get younger around their new QB. We could use his leadership and skills, even at age 36.

On the one hand getting guys from panicking teams is the right choice.

On the other, lets wait a few weeks just to make sure. After the Minnesota game or the Giants (looking better) Lions will know if they are buyers.

Trade deadline is October 29th after the Giants game.

2 Likes

Trent Williams

1 Like

I would be curious about AJ Green. I don’t think they would want TACO, if I read your post correctly, because they could have put in a claim for him before Miami got an opportunity to take him.

I think decker will come around. I’m more interested in a LG, which would make the Lions’ OL VERY STOUT! That’s when the run game becomes a thing to be feared by defenses, and all bets are off on where Stafford can take this team. I get that lots of peeps want defensive help (DE or LB), and that could help too. But I’m thinking when Hand and Bryant come back, this will elevate the defense quite a bit, so I’d opt for the biggest hole on the roster… LG

1 Like

I’m looking at 0-4 teams for wideouts and left tackles. Maybe AJ Green. Trent Williams.

1 Like

I think even without hock we are pretty good at tight end. Logan Thomas looks pretty solid too.

2 Likes

I like your line of thinking. Each week that goes by, paints a better picture of what teams will likely try to sell at the deadline. Any team with 0 wins is already toast. Any team that currently has just 1 win and loses this week, is pretty much done for. After week 7, there will be a good 8-10 teams that have nothing to play for. That’s when Bob Quinn needs to do his magic (assuming we are still in the hunt).