Caesar's sports book predicts Lions dead-last in the NFL this coming season

Well, tied for dead-last with the Watt-less, possibly Watson-less Texans. Five wins.

Given the state of the Lions’ WR and LB corps, and about half of its defensive line, and its thin-ness in the secondary, this sounds about right.

The question becomes whether Goff shows enough so that they Lions aren’t looking at a QB up at the top of the next draft. Probably not. Start getting to know them!

Taking a look at the top 15 QB prospects in the 2022 NFL Draft class (usatoday.com)

Be Foul for Howell?

I’m not sure why people make these predictions before we even have a full roster. What we have when the season starts may be completely different from what we have now. We still have the draft and a second round of FA coming up.

1 Like

Because people bet on these numbers. And they’ll bet again after the draft, and again after preseason. It’s about betting.

1 Like

That’s awfully high for the worst win total in the league. I mean there were 6 teams worse than that last year.

2 Likes

Eh, whatever Vegas!!

At least the Lions will be 17-0 in post-game press conferences.

Win or Lose, a highlight for me this fall, will be listening to MC/DC after the games. Gonna be a wild ride!

1 Like

Yikes. I feel like I’d want more info before throwing money down on a team but to each their own I guess

1 Like

How is Houston not projected to be the worst?

Or the Jets?

I think the Lions will be a lot better than people think.

At least I hope we are.

1 Like

I would be shocked if the Lions finish last place. A good coaching staff can make improvements quickly even if they still have building to do.

Look at the Giants and WFT last year. Both started off horribly but were building and getting tougher as the season kept going. I expect both to be improved this coming year.

Then bet the under.

2 Likes

They are…tied with us.

1 Like

The 2022 draft talk will be amazing.

6 wins.

Like myself, many people make bets now. It’s more of a gut feeling then later I’ll do a little research. I actually had more wins on over/under bets than betting on individual games, most of those were on the unders. I’ll make win over/under bets now, then maybe make more bets later, depending on the personnel changes each team makes. Often the numbers will change. But as Casanova said, ‘It’s all about the betting’.

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t bet that often and when I do I avoid teams I follow.

There’s an extra game this year, don’t forget.

Hahaha. Most bettors lose their pants betting on baseball and cannot wait for football season to begin. But if they are impatient, they will be seriously in the hole before the season even begins because they want to believe in the know-nothing touts. How can anyone bet good money on FB based on what little we know now? Bunch of foolish losers is what the books count on. Best to hold off until a few games have been played.

And this is why I’m placing bets NOW … best, and in my opinion, easiest odds to win on.
I honestly think last year’s squad was a 8 win talent and 0 win coaching. This year I think talent is 7 wins and this staff could get as high as 10. Time will tell but to me beating 5 wins is super easy

The last person I bet on this kind of thing ran from the board like a scared girl when it came time to pay up.

Wonder which pseudonym he’s operating under here now?

Dead effing last?

Our defense is a bit of a mystery to me. Last year was the worst scheme I have ever seen. In addition, the players lost a lot of one on one battles, so they are responsible as well.

If Aaron Glenn finds a way to pressure the opposing QB, we could actually surprise a few people.

If the D looks similar to last year, it’s going to be a loooong season.