Calipari to Arkansas

Whoa, I knew there were rumors of his being unhappy at Kentucky but didn’t see this happening.

https://x.com/John_Fanta/status/1777183507548414140

1 Like

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1777176924210765850

The Walmart money is flowing into college sports.

Not sure that Calipari is all that good of an actual coach. Greatest recruiter in recent memory but that matters less now.

1 Like

Kentucky HC Nate Oats?

If Saban and Oats leave here in the same year right after I finally give in to being a Bama fan (student) after hating them for years, I will LITERALLY be exactly like Darth Vader in that scene.

Where he realizes he gave up on everything he believed in for something that doesn’t even matter anymore.

Fans ran him off. Great at recruiting but a average coach at best.

1 Like

Kentucky is going to have to get Oats out of his new extension he just signed and his $18M buyout if they want him.

Their AD ran him off

Yes, but fans trashed him

That’s what’s fans do. If you ever go to a major national Kentucky basketball game it’s wild. That fan base is as close to a cult as I’ve seen in that sport. Haven’t ever watched Kansas play. I’d imagine it’s close. But Kentucky’s got some weird old lad debutant sh!t, knitted sweaters designed like bowling jackets, and so on.

There is a bigger one in the state of Michigan

Tyson money in this case.

Hopefully they aren’t paying for Tyson and getting Soda Popinski.

I do get that you’re referring to the other Tyson but my processed chicken references are depleted.

1 Like

Kentucky about to lose their whole roster.

He’s turned into an average coach. He has historically been a great coach. Just look at UMass before and after Calipari, Memphis after Calipari and Kentucky before Calipari. The results speak for themselves.

I have a feeling that he’ll do very well at Arkansas now that he’s away from the toxic Kentucky environment where it got stale, like a new lease on life. Arkansas is a program on the verge of exploding, they have unlimited funding, good facilities and a great fanbase.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at Kentucky now. You’d think that it’s a great job but it’s one of the biggest pressure cookers in sports, that fanbase will turn on the next guy quickly if he’s not making Final 4s off the hop.

2 Likes

Kentucky will get who they want.

Pretty much unless it’s Dan Hurley, no reason for him to leave UConn.

I’m just saying that it takes a certain kind of personality to handle that job.

True, but money talks. Matt Painter would be move that would shock ncaa