Calvin is at it again

That’s is correct - we, nor CJ, has any “Obligations” to anyone … but he also doesn’t has to sit there and spit in his own wound - he obviously imho has resentment issues…

He going to do whatever he want as we all do - my POV is he is wasting time living in the past, engaging the conversion of others asking about the past etc… if he stop answering he the questions how the want him to (like a dog responding to its master for attention) they will stop asking the stupid old questions…

He is acting like the proverbial chicken dancing on the stage … dancing faster and faster as someone turn the heat up underneath the floor of the stage… dude?! Just jump off the stage and move on!!

I choose what I do and learn how to properly react to others… on my own terms as God built is to do. Not like the chicken who only responds they external inputs from others…,

No one is perfect but… work on the progress baby!!

2 Likes

They asked him a question and he answered it openly and honestly.

I think you need to sit down and actually listen to some of these interviews before being so judgemental about it, including calling him a dog.

I’m out.

1 Like

I agree. They could’ve traded him for something as an asset.

Imo
I think That also falls on Sheila and those with lions when asked about Calvin.
If she says they’re working on it , or Wood says it
The media is going to speak on it with Calvin.

Growing Sesame Street GIF

The money he sent back to the Lions could have been put towards a lot of weed to share with friends. Has to be his thought process now.

One wonders if Lions ownership has asked Calvin to perform some modest limited services, e.g. PR or marketing, in exchange for receiving the bonus money back (perhaps to avoid any salary cap issues), and whether he’s balked at doing so, responding something to the effect of “just pay me my money and we’ll be good.”

2 Likes

It isn’t that Calvin us a Diva at all. I am just trying to understand why he is saying he wanted to keep playing but the Lions would not let him go. As Free highlighted press reports illustrate the Lions allowing Calvin to find a trade. It would be one thing if the Lions denied a trade but I don’t see that in any reporting. It seems new for Calvin to say now he wanted to keep playing but the Lions blocked him from playing for another team.

The Lions were way wrong to ask for $ back.

Then I wonder why is Calvin saying he wanted to keep playing now when at the time he talked about why the time was right to step away.

Like with Stafford I don’t blame him at all if he wanted to play with another team. I have no issue with that. But it appears Calvin didn’t mention that to local press at the time so that confuses me.

One could also make the argument that CJs mistakes that year were a big part of why we missed the playoffs

Sure as a weapon he was a big part of why they nearly made the playoffs. But I recall a few times he was needed in the clutch and he dropped the ball

Also it was different situations with Stafford and CJ. The Lions knew they were entering a rebuild when Stafford wanted out. Not so much when CJ wanted out. They also recently gave him an eight year contract making him the highest paid WR in history. Which in doing so, hurt the ability to keep Suh

The irony thats lost on CJ here, is he is complaining about the Lions being graceless petty and classless,
while being graceless, petty and classless. It was nice of Shelia to try and patch things up, but CJ still comes off as a peevish attention seeking has-been

3 Likes

No worries man. It’s hard to get context out of these posts, I know I struggle sometimes.

I do understand where you’re coming from. I’m curious as to how much our rookies really want to be a Lion…regardless they had better get used to it.

2 Likes

How I feel when I try and play the piano.

2 Likes

He’s like a chick that gets mad because you aren’t acting on something they didn’t ask or tell you about.

‘hey baby what’s with you? you ok’
‘…Im fine’
‘well you are acting all angry and sullen’
‘I told you I’m fine’
‘Ok then’ (opens beer)
‘…I can’t believe you didn’t go to the paint and sip classes with me!’
‘Paint and what? what are you talking about?
‘Paint and sip! i went the last two Tuesdays alone!’
‘Well why didn’t you just say you wanted me to go. I thought you were having fun’
‘I shouldn’t have to ask you! You should just want to go!’
‘Um, well should we go together next Tuesday?’
‘No!’ (storms off)

2 Likes

Calvin, Calvin Calvin.
What are we going to do with you?
Cmon buddy, don’t go away mad.
Just go away.

1 Like

Now this a agree with

The Lions as well need to really think this through when responding to the media

Why not just say “we are not discussing that matter; we are keeping it in house”. Kind of like the old regime saying nothing about medical updates on players…

To me it reminds me of what Willie Roaf said in an interview years ago. With each loss it just got harder and harder to get his mind right and body right to do what he had to do to keep playing the game. He finally reached the point where he didn’t want to do it anymore…with the Saints. Had the Saints just left it at that…he would have retired. He requested a trade to get some new energy and new surroundings. He was mad that the Saints doctors misdiagnosed his knee injury. He wanted a revised contract. All of these things are true at the same time. I know people prefer to look at things very black and white. Its either A or its B and there’s no other factors that can be considered. In the end Willie was beat up and didn’t feel like he could do it anymore…in New Orleans. The difference between him and Calvin is the Chiefs honored his trade request.

Stafford’s HC and GM got fired in November before he asked to be out.

Calvin’s GM, President, OC and a few other staff members got fired in November before he asked to be out.

I’m not seeing where CJ’s situation is peaches and cornflakes.

4 Likes

Did Calvin make a trade request at that time is my real question. He says so now but press reports do not verify that story. That of course doesn’t mean Calvin didn’t make a request but it seems odd he talked about being so beaten up that it was time to hang it up if you were really trying to play for someone else.

I disagree. In NFL if they want to
They make it happen.

Lions were prepared to offer so much but then lose Suh over a handful of millions as the difference ? Their ability to keep Suh wasn’t impacted by making Staffird the highest paid QB in the league for a second time ( rookie deal and 2nd deal ) instead of having staffird take a discount to keep Suh ?

Right

They’re working on it … for months ? I get Brad is busy but isn’t this the kind of work an owner could add to the daily agenda during off season ? Monday 3-3:30 call Calvin

Is that by carrier pigeon?

We had money available to keep Suh and we backed up the Brinks truck to try to keep him. In the end he took the Dolphins deal instead. Suh taking the Dolphins offer over ours wasn’t because of a lack of availability of money.

3 Likes

In redoing his contract to make room for CJ they eliminated the franchise tag option. so yes, they hurt their ability to keep Suh

1 Like