Can 2022 Be Our Year?

From your key pad to God’s ears. Thanks @BigNatty

3 Likes

Odds are Aaron Rodgers is not a Packer in 2022. There is also a very good chance Russell Wilson is not a Seahawk. We will also likely be playing the Panthers, Jags, and Seahawks. Who are the teams on this schedule who will be very tough to beat? The Bills probably top the list followed by Dallas and New England? Games against the Jets, jags, Washington, and Giants. If Rodgers stays it gets a lot tougher, but with an offseason to upgrade the roster, returning injured players, and another year of player growth in this system, why can’t we compete for this division?

This may be the weakest schedule we have had in as long as I can remember. Obviously a lot can change by next year but the best QB we would face is Josh Allen, followed by Dak Prescott maybe? Kirk Cousins?

1 Like

This is exactly where I’m at right now. The team could pull a Falcons and be worse than their record next year and they can still go 8-9.

Rodgers and Wilson leave, and we make a crap ton of additions like @BigNatty was talking about eariler in this thread, and who on that schedule is beating us?

Buffalo
New England
Philadelphia
Dallas
Green Bay

I think it’s a big deal that we don’t play Wilson wherever he ends up, because Miami and NYG are both on that schedule. Also, does Watson get his legal issues cleared up and get traded to Miami? That game changes a lot if we have to play Watson instead of Tua.

So for fun, add Seattle/NYG and Miami

That’s 10-7.

That can win this division, because of how crappy it is.

Yeah we’d be a 4 seed. Wouldn’t you kill for a 4 seed and a division championship?

Automatic wins:

JAX
NYJ
NYG
CHI
MIN

Winnable games:

SEA
WFT
MIA
GB
CHI
MIN
CAR

Probably losses:

PHI
DAL
BUF
NE
GB

2 Likes

Wouldn’t quite say automatic wins, but definitely games I expect us to win. I’m sure there is one or two in there we may lose as well as a game or two we will win that we probably should not of.

This it probably the most excited about a team heading into the offseason I’ve been in at least 5 years.

1 Like

Assuming the 5 wins and losses are.there, and probably will end up that way even when losing a gimme and winning tough one…

Means thrybhave to go 5-2 in that middle bracket for a playoff spot, as we will.assume Dallas, 2 NFCW and 2 NFCS teams get through.

Not sure they will be that kind of 5-2 type ready next year

Timing can play into it. Hoping we get some of the easy ones early. We will get better as the season goes on.

These guys will be better than ppl think.

I’ve got us at 10.

‘22 won’t be any teams year if they are starting Marcus Mariota. Releasing Vaitai isn’t probably in the cards. Raymond a (special teamer 5th option wr) is not worth 10 million dollars. Goff is not going anywhere next year and it’s highly unlikely they draft a qb.

Next year won’t be our year. Win more games? For sure, but if you set the bar too high and too unrealistic then you aren’t going to see the actual progress….kinda what happened this year……

1 Like

The original post is almost a couple months ago. Goff recent play ensures he will start in 2022. I also think. Vatai has stepped up his game as well and has a very good chance of returning. Raymond at that point was playing really well and was doing a lot of good thing. He has come back down to earth and with Reynolds in the fold I wouldn’t pay him that much either. Check my more recent post where I modified it

But we were bad, bad in three games. Outside of those three we’re under -3 points per game.

We were -110 after 8. It’s -127 now after 15.
-13.7ppg differential the 1st half of the season.
-8.5 through the whole season now.

-2.5 over the last 7 games.

Yep. And the Broncos game we had one healthy CB for the majority of it. I think that game is much closer under different circumstances. Hard to sell out for the run when you have to cover Jerry Jeudy or Courtland Sutton with Will Harris

1 Like

The Lions have historically had what seems like major injury issues every year. This year though just seems like its even more then normal. Combine that with the COVID issues we are having and already having one of the least talented and youngest rosters to start the year, and we should be getting blown out on a weekly basis. Somehow, someway, we are not. This team that should have beat the Steelers, barely lost to the Browns, dominated the Cardinals, beat the Vikings and had a shot to beat the Falcons with a 1st and goal. Just the healthy players that we are getting back next year is going to make a huge difference. Frank Ragnow, TJ Hockenson, Swift, Romeo Okwara, Amani O, and Okudah are the majority of this teams most important players. Jerry Jacobs, Quintez Cephus, and Anzalone are also key role players that we have lost.

We did not have a single one of those guys against the Falcons. When you add that back into the 2nd overal pick, a late 1st and early 2nd, plus money to spend in FA, this team will look much different on opening day 2022. If the coaches can get this much out of our current roster I would imagine we could be a solid team next year with all that we are getting back.

Then should’ve beaten the Ravens and Vikings if it wasn’t for a lucky bounce and that collapse.

They win all those games and lose the next 2, they’re 7-10. I’d call that a successful season given everything that’s happened injury wise with this horrendous roster.

i am aware.

I noticed. Still adding my 2 cents.

How do we know the schedule is weak before the draft and FA next year? Teams get stronger. Teams get weaker. Not sure how you can predict any of that now.

Automatic wins for the lions?!

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

1 Like

I do agree that perception at this point will change drastically by next year. For example when other fans see the Lions on the schedule next year I’m sure they pencil that game in as a game they should win. There is no Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert, Brady, Murray, Burrow, and probably Rodgers on the schedule next year, Our division is not looking very good next year either, and Green Bay and the Vikings are bottom 4 in cap space next season. The Bears will likely be blowing their team up with a HC change and likely front office change as well and have no first round pick

…and some fancy footwork from the officials