Can someone break down Travon Walker vs. Jermaine Johnson for the board?

Please God say this is true.

It’s true. Now go forth and sin no more…
jesus GIF

1 Like

Both you and Thats are persuasive and lessen my apprehension about drafting KT.

And then I read this from Birkett:

“Thibodeaux appears to be a clean prospect off the field, but some scouts question his every-down effort and whether football will ever be his top priority. One personnel executive who was in his team’s formal combine meeting with Thibodeaux told me he was turned off by how Thibodeaux has an answer for everything (not always in a good way) and wondered how his brashness will play in an NFL locker room.”

And I’m paraphrasing a quote from KT now: “I watch a lot of film, so there’s nothing a coach can tell me about my flaws.”

And it ratchets up my apprehension again.

Upstairs is what we’ll know the least about and has a huge influence on how successful or not you will be. He may be off our board because in talks with Sewell he doesn’t pass the no turds test. When “we” the great Armchair Scouts Association evaluate prospects we mostly have to rest on rumors and some 5 second sound bites that may not have polished 50 year old executive delivery.

I just look at the dude between the lines and through two games I personally didn’t see a lot of “let up” that I don’t usually see with other EDGE players. Seeing a guy who’s 40 yards away on the other side of the field from the play not sprinting isn’t that big of a red flag with me. He makes plenty of effort plays that most guys that size don’t make. I saw pretty consistent effort overall.

3 Likes

Yeah, but if we removed every draft prospect who said or did something stupid from our draft board, we’d barely be able to field a team. Kids 18-22 are notorious stupid and self-involved, and very few NFL players should be role models anyway. None of this really bothers me.

But like @3rdRGR said, our FO ought to be able to get the real skinny on the guy through Sewell. So if we draft him I’ll be very confident. If we don’t, so be it.

4 Likes

Besides being a “Head Case”, exiting the NFL Combine e.g. declining finishing the Field Drills and NFL Interviews mentioned above, I worry about “Availability”, which is one of the TRUE evaluations of an NFL Player. Some player are worried about injuring their “Brand” playing “All-Out” football, fearing potential injury. Others are plain unlucky and become known as “Cool Tub Kings”…Mr. Tibbs has noted leg injuries in the past. How will he stand up to a rigorous 17+ game schedule, hopefully???..I have serious doubts, even with the Okwara Bros, playing many snaps, who have their own serious injury issues !!..Achilles, ankles, etc…

I DO agree, everything I have read to-date points to Mr. Tibbs being the #2 Pick, baring a TD and Aiden being off the Board…Otherwise, Aiden will be the Pick @2.

KT isn’t even on my board for the #2 pick. He may be and option if we trade down far enough but there are a LOT of players I would draft before KT.

He doesn’t seem a good fit for what the Lions are building.

team america vomit GIF

What will KTs brand be in Detroit? I hope someone sends him a “Ford” shirt and he really likes it. He’ll definitely have the inside track at Ford if he wants to make that his brand. Doesn’t have the bling of Nike to it unfortunately.

I go back and forth over KT or Hutch. Just depends on my appetite for risk at that time. Either one of those two or a trade down. Those are the acceptable options at 2 IMO.

Yeah, agree 100%. Those are far and away my 3 favorite options.

How does that compare to Clowney? Clowney was just plain not blocked. Hutchinson rag dolls his guy. The two are in no way comparable.

You’re right. Clowney’s was way better. Just like I said.

You sound like a MSU slappy who hates Hutch just because he went to M.

Not a fan of any college team. All it is is a breeding ground for the pros to me.

Then why keep making asinine comments about Hutch? Look, i dont like Hamilton but i would give him credit if he made a play. To suggest an unblocked DE clobbering a 180 lb RB is more impressive than ragdolling a 300 lb OL is just trolling.

I’m not a big fan of him, I just don’t think it’s going to translate to the NFL well (I’ve been wrong many, many times before). With that said, if we draft him, I’ll immediately become one of his biggest fans.

1 Like

I just don’t trust KT from the neck up. All the talent in the world but I really see a diva that’ll get in the way of his own success. JJ is the best option at 2 if Aiden taken at 1 and I can honestly make a case to take JJ over Hutch though that sounds crazy to say out loud. He is the best pure pass rusher on film I think just only 1 real year behind him

1 Like