Can we pin a betting thread?

I love betting football. Mainly NFL, but some NCAA. Would be fun to share our thoughts on certain games.

1 Like

Bet Detroit to cover +12 and over 48 parlay win $$$ i have 0 money to bet but i can give good advice.

1 Like

1 Like

Whats your advice? Imo, it’s Vegas begging folks to take Lions and the points, but bruh…12+ in the NFL is nuckin futs…soooo tempted put some $ on the Lions and points

1 Like

Not that this will be the norm, telling my bets after the fact, but my favorites today were

Losses:
Saints with whatever spread it was. I think 3 or 3.5
Rams -3.5(did win a different bet in a parlay with them on the ML)

Wins:
Cowboys ML(No clue how they were dogs)
Buffalo -3.5
Arizona ML

I also took KC -3.5 tonight

I am not sure I am betting tomorrow yet, but if I do, I would take Detroit with 12. That’s a lot of points in the NFL

I don’t bet and even if I did I would never bet on the Lions… but that is a ton of points. A good friend of mine said he usually always gets with Vegas, so not sure exactly what he meant but i think what he meant was the lesser bets he always went with and it usually worked out.

But please do not take any betting advice from me.

Aside from the fact we are winning tomorrow night!!!

I’d take the under too.

pardon my ignorance, but did you put 10 grand on this???

1 Like

I would be shitting my brains out if I made that bet

That Lamar TD throw leg of the parlay is pretty sketch. Lamar looks like shit so far this year throwing.

Sorry, that 12 points smells like bait.

2 Likes

No. Dave Portnoy posted that on Twitter. It looked good to me.

1 Like

I can’t fathom gambling that much money. I would be out of my mind watching this game…

1 Like

I mean it’s possible. But holy hell, reminds me of that Uncut Gems movie.

2 Likes

I remember one time I lost $100 playing slots in Ontario. Somehow I got up to like 3-400 and then kept playing and lost down to like $50. I know slots are stupid but… I felt like shit.

I couldn’t do that. I would be losing my shit as well.

1 Like

Addiction baby!

2 Likes

It is quite crazy to me how much gambling, now legalized, has transformed a lot of the talk about sports. Not on this forum necessarily. But holy shit. Listen to 97.1 and they have sports betting ads, they have segments of all the shows dedicated to gambling… it’s kinda wild. I “love” the little “if you have a gambling problem know when to stop” or “call this number”. Yet it’s just forced into the public consciousness.

It’s a weird world we are living in… it’s like alcohol now. Alcohol ads everywhere but “please drink responsibly”.

2 Likes

So if I’m interpreting that correctly he has to throw 2 or more touchdowns to win that?

1 Like

Yea, why is it over 1.5? Isn’t that the same as over 1? What’s the point?

I don’t bet a lot, throw some on the Lions for fun from time to time. I’m pretty clueless how this works.

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

The more I look at that parlay, it’s shit

Lamar has to throw 2+ TD and run for one AND
Ravens win by 4 but Mahimes also has to throw 3 +TD passes.

That is not well thought out.
If Mahomes is throwing for 3+ against Baltimore, Baltimore ain’t winning by 4+. And again, Lamar looks not in great form throwing thus far.

There’s a reason it’s 20 to 1. They are bad bets. 4 bad bets that are implausible correlated means you are losing your money

1 Like