Carl Nassib comes out as 1st openly gay active NFL player

Why is it so important to you to know what someone’s sexual preferences are?

I think the majority of today’s society accepts people for who they are. So we see these announcements as non news. But there are always going to be people like yourself who want to make an issue about it. No matter how people react.

The response to that is:

The Office Questions GIF

1 Like

So someone saying who cares isn’t being dismissive? It’s the very definition of it.

Like I said before, how can you say it isn’t still an issue when someone in this very thread made fun of being gay? How do you so casually dismiss the high rates of suicide in the LGBTQ community? It’s not an issue for you, that doesn’t make it not an issue. Easy for you to be so dismissive of something that doesn’t effect you.

1 Like

There isn’t just one gay player in the NFL, yet only one has come out as gay. Until that number reaches actual reality it’s going to be a “story”. It’s not something players feel comfortable doing or there would be more freely living their life.

I get people don’t care, and that’s great, but it’s still going to be a “story”. Especially in the dead off-season.

2 Likes

Subjects like this tend to ruffle peoples feathers no matter what people post. They are emotional subjects and people get riled up over nothing. That’s why we really should just lock threads like this.

I fully accept people for who they are and I am passing no judgement on anyone. I do not care what anyone does in their private lives because it’s no one’s business but their own. However this isn’t a good enough reaction…… I’m being too dismissive?

Apparently I should care, want to know and pass judgement?

Point being this subject has no chance to not upset someone. That’s why I’m going to go ahead and lock it.

1 Like

Yeah, he was a turd. Whines the whole way because he didn’t get drafted because gay of course, goes to Canada, then quits. Professional victim.