Carolina Staying at #8?

While I’d love them staying there, but why would they, when they have such a clear need at QB? Maybe if Mac Jones is the target. Someone convince me that they’re staying put at #8 and keeping TD scenarios for us alive.

It would help if Carolina was still picking behind us for sure, but as long as one of the big 4 QBs is on the board, we’re in play for a trade down. We just might have to take a little less than we would if the Panthers were still around.

It’s too early to say whether Jones will be there at 8.

They hoping Lance falls right in their lap ala tua in Miami

Would have been huge risk, but I would have understood if we had drafted Tua (called their bluff), and traded him to them.

1 Like

Q: Is identifying a quarterback for the future a priority for the next GM?

Tepper: “If we think there’s somebody, we’re going to go for what helps the team most of the time. If that’s that position, we’ll take it.”

Q: With the economic challenges of roster building, isn’t it important to exhaust every possibility in finding a young quarterback?

Tepper: "Especially with that position that counts so much in the NFL, especially with the way the rules are now more than ever. I think you always have to continuously try to be the best you can be at that position, always look for the best person you can possibly have or what you have right now. So I think it’s constant, constant, constant analysis of what you have and what you have in the future. It’s not so easy to find elite quarterbacks.

“The ultimate goal here is to have someone get to the Super Bowl and have someone who can take you there. So you constantly will be searching. Do you have those right people now or are those right people out there?”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2021, 12:44 PM EST